Books anyone? Oh and somethings I dislike about the YA books :)

Options
2»

Replies

• ehuschka
    ehuschka Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    An oldy but a goody is the Redwall series.... depending on how you feel about talking animals.
  • earth_echo
    earth_echo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    jrharper2 wrote: »
    I can say I like sci-fi and end of the world type books, I don't know why. I always have I think one of my all time favorites that made me really think was Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke. That was a very amazing book. Anyone else read that?

You might enjoy:

Across the Universe series
    Starbound series

Although YA, I'm 40 and I enjoyed both immensely. Both are sci-fi but also dystopic, which is an odd combo.
  • CorgiWaddles
    CorgiWaddles Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I read Miss Pereigrin's and the Across the Universe Series. I loved them both very much and who ever mentioned Twilight just.... Grr...
  • CorgiWaddles
    CorgiWaddles Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I cannot spell at all. Sorry!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    lewispwest wrote: »
    I heard that in Twilight they don't even give a description of the female lead character so that it's easier for the reader to project themselves on to her?

No, they describe her as thin and not athletic.

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    There's a writer Katie MacAlister, who writes vampire books. She's a heavy girl and all her main characters are heavy girls.
    She has decent stories, but I've started to not like her writing because she loves to use the same turns of phrase and euphemisms, and all her characters start to sound alike.
    But if you're looking for someone who writes stories with non typical skinny girls, she fits the description.