What are some of YOUR bizarre food combinations?

Options

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    onion and apple slices sandwich
    ketchup chips on veggie dogs
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I microwave a corn tortilla until it's crispy like a chip. Then I put cottage cheese and blueberries on top and eat it. It's weird but so good!

Not weird at all. I've toasted tortillas and had them with cream cheese or Greek yogurt and fruit.
  • bruningk78
    bruningk78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ketchup on scrambled eggs (they MUST be made with cheese too) or ketchup on mashed potatoes
  • lmburgoon
    Options
    Barbecue sauce on mashed potatoes.
  • thejoshperson
    Options
    So basically to sum things up: ketchup on everthing
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid we were camping and were low on snacks so i put spray cheeze between ranch pringles. . .loved it!
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If I let myself I would eat carrots smothered in mustard until was sick :)
  • thejoshperson
    Options
    sarah3333 wrote: »
    If I let myself I would eat carrots smothered in mustard until was sick :)

carrots and melted peanut butter is even better :)
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend introduced me to putting cream cheese on sloppy joe's and it is AMAZING
  • westonw72
    Options
    Plain Oatmeal with chocolate Protein powder & peanut butter. It all melts together and it's hella good :#
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    westonw72 wrote: »
    Plain Oatmeal with chocolate Protein powder & peanut butter. It all melts together and it's hella good :#

So sort of an oatmeal Reese's Cup effect? Hmmmm.... sounds great!

• cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    not one i would eat now, but when i was 18 my go-to breakfast and drunk eat was pop tarts with sriracha. so like, when i say i'll eat anything with sriracha on it, i'm being 100% literal.

one i would totally eat now though? a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese... and, bruh you guessed it, sriracha. ;)
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    This thread doubles as an appetite suppressant if you are feeling hungry, most of these sound pretty bad to me! lol :#

Shredded carrots and raisins on peanut butter sandwiches go surprisingly well together.
  • Shannanicorn
    Shannanicorn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bison burger on a whole wheat bun with goat cheese, butter lettuce and blueberry compote. My husband thinks I am nuts, but hot damn the blueberry on the burger tastes like heaven to me.
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My daughter (age 9) is a big fan of peanut butter, ham, and imitation crab sandwiches. She made it up herself when she was three.
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bison burger on a whole wheat bun with goat cheese, butter lettuce and blueberry compote. My husband thinks I am nuts, but hot damn the blueberry on the burger tastes like heaven to me.

Goat cheese and blueberries? Sounds like heaven.

One of my stranger burger combinations: I like veggie burgers with bacon on them. Confuses the dickens out of the waitstaff when I order it. I call it "The Hypocrite."

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    A combo I love is beets, smoked salmon and goat cheese. I would probably have found it really weird a long time ago, but it's fantastic.

I had a brie/ham/apple sandwich that I loved too...
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and scrambled eggs...like mixed together. Heavenly.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    While on vacation this summer I had a grilled chicken breast on pretzel roll with swiss cheese, peanut butter, bacon and grilled jalapenos topped with the usual lettuce, tomato and onion. Took me a while to accept PB and jalapenos together but man oh man was that sandwich the bomb!

As a kid it was brown gravy over white rice, nothing overly weird about that to me.
    Also used to put BBQ chips on a tuna sandwich, ok I still would do that today and I see no problem with it either.
  • llkemp
    llkemp Posts: 15
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok yes that sounds weird LOL.

Hmm fries and mayo? Maybe the weirdest one for me is something I loved as a kid and still do, rice with sugar and milk...

no eating rice with milk and sugar is not weird.. that's the way we ate it all the time and with a teaspoon of butter and yes we still do.