What are some of YOUR bizarre food combinations?

Options

Replies

• llkemp
    llkemp Posts: 15
    Options
    Dipping popcorn in lemon juice! yum

mustard on bread with a little chili on top
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Pouring syrup over steak or chicken.

Syrup over most things really.

Well it is one of the major food groups... candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup.

I see what you did there.

Wow, there's some great ideas in here. Unfortunately, I can't think of any weird combos I like... On the cottage cheese thing, I like to eat it with my eggs. Particularly poached...mmm the gooey yolk mixed with the cottage cheese is so yummy.

My mom puts sugar on her tomatoes.
  • Cherie1n2n3n4
    Cherie1n2n3n4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Try coleslaw in your seaweed wraps instead of rice! Its low carb sushi!

I don't really find it odd, but fry jalapeños in butter and garlic then mix with cream cheese for a tasty snack..
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Regularly consumed by me-

air popped popcorn with pumpkin pie spice and a packet of sweetener

Tomato mayo sandwiches

BBQ sauce on baked potatoes

• mefitforlife9
    mefitforlife9 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    ksolksol wrote: »
    Bison burger on a whole wheat bun with goat cheese, butter lettuce and blueberry compote. My husband thinks I am nuts, but hot damn the blueberry on the burger tastes like heaven to me.

Goat cheese and blueberries? Sounds like heaven.

One of my stranger burger combinations: I like veggie burgers with bacon on them. Confuses the dickens out of the waitstaff when I order it. I call it "The Hypocrite."
    this cracked me up, "the Hypocrite".

Ok, try bacon and PB on toast - yummmmm
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Bison burger on a whole wheat bun with goat cheese, butter lettuce and blueberry compote. My husband thinks I am nuts, but hot damn the blueberry on the burger tastes like heaven to me.

I have a little jar of blueberry garlic jam that would be perfect for this. It's great on turkey too.
    My 'weird' (from when I was little) was toast, must be hot to melt the butter then spread while warm with regular French's mustard - thickly. Must be eaten warm though.

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    llkemp wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok yes that sounds weird LOL.

Hmm fries and mayo? Maybe the weirdest one for me is something I loved as a kid and still do, rice with sugar and milk...

no eating rice with milk and sugar is not weird.. that's the way we ate it all the time and with a teaspoon of butter and yes we still do.

Ummm, not weird... it's called rice pudding if you add cinnamon - even better with raisins.

• lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Celery and peanut butter, yum!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    llkemp wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok yes that sounds weird LOL.

Hmm fries and mayo? Maybe the weirdest one for me is something I loved as a kid and still do, rice with sugar and milk...

no eating rice with milk and sugar is not weird.. that's the way we ate it all the time and with a teaspoon of butter and yes we still do.

Ummm, not weird... it's called rice pudding if you add cinnamon - even better with raisins.

Not really, it's not even close to a pudding if you just use cooked rice and just dump milk and sugar on it, lol.
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Regularly consumed by me-

air popped popcorn with pumpkin pie spice and a packet of sweetener

^^ this sounds AMAZING

and this whole thread reminded me about putting a spoonful of peanut butter in my oatmeal, i know what is for breakfast tomorrow!!
  • ericah971
    ericah971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    As a kid id put lots of chili powder in mac n chesse.. Super yummy.

I put pb on pancakes/waffles/ french with syrup.. Probably my favorite combo ever. I used to mix pb with syrup and eat it by the spoonful. I Wish i could still do that!
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Tamago kake gohan is a normal dish in Japan. It consists of rice, a raw egg, and soy sauce. Mix and eat with nori/seaweed sheets. Yumm!! But all my friends, coworkers and family look at me very suspiciously whenever I tell them about it. Also, I recently discovered peanut butter sriracha ramen. <3
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg and pb toasted sandwich. Sounds odd but so good!
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and mayo sandwiches. Sounds gross, tastes amazing!
  • jaanubear
    jaanubear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    M&M's on cheese pizza :/
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Pouring syrup over steak or chicken.

Syrup over most things really.
    Well it is one of the major food groups... candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup.
    I swear I'll actually try pouring some over spaghetti one of these days.

It's delicious, I promise. Add a little chopped up bacon and some chives... Yum!

Another one that I love that people make faces at:

Subway meatball sub with mayo and black olives.

• missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Elbow noodles, butter, and ketchup.

White rice, butter, and sugar.

White rice and sweet and sour sauce.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I like to spray jumbo dill pickles with the Too Tarts candy spray.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    white rice with milk, butter, sugar, and raisins was a regular breakfast item growing up.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter, Dill Pickle, and Sriracha sandwiches.... They are amazing and all my friends who have ventured to try have agreed. It shouldn't taste as good as it does. I don't know why the combination works.

Add bacon.