my wife read online that people get fit to look good in bed for others outside the relationship ouch

Options

Replies

• kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    Definitely true in my case. My husband too. We work out together though, so it's all good.

the title is to look good in bed for others outside the relationship - I presume you're swingers then?

This was my assumption as well. I PM'd her. Looking for a new girlfriend. Wish me luck!

:D
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for others but that wasn't what I was thinking when I started my fitness journey! I wanted to lose weight to look better in my clothes and feel better about myself! I didn't do it for other people..I did it for ME and my long term health.
    My husband thought I looked fab even when I was fat, when someone loves you unconditionally they love you no matter how you look.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own reasons for getting fit
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    How about this: is there anyhing wrong with wanting to look more attractive to the opposite sex - and nothing more - yet being committed to your relationship? There's something quite empowering about knowing you're "wanted" as long as you have the strength and integrity to maintain appropriate boundaries and stay faithful.

Looking is looking; if someone wants to cheat, they'll find a way to do it wheher they're in shape or not...
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    Working out to look good in bed seems a little too far. Maybe to look good to others is okay if you like attention. It just makes some people confident knowing someone still finds them hot. Doesnt mean theyll cheat.
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    What in the word are people doing in bed with others when they're already bound to an existing relationship?

Only single people should be doing sit ups and yoga and kickboxing and diets and stuff. And even then, it's really only inviting trouble since most single people have a defective social filter. They'll open the door to any moron carrying an FTD bouquet.

So... Because I choose to be single at this point in my life, I have a defective social filter? When I started my workout journey, I was with a man who supported me 100%. He never told me I had to be in the gym to get in better shape, it was a choice I made. I now workout because of how I feel with it, without that man in my life. I feel better about myself. I workout to increase my self happiness - not to attract others to me. I workout to be healthy. I workout to combat the effects of an autoimmune disease I've had since I was 12.
    -
    - Question for you, Newmeadow. If single people are the only ones who should be working out, and if that's still inviting trouble - why are you on MFP? Or, have I just read your post to be wrong?
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    What in the word are people doing in bed with others when they're already bound to an existing relationship?

I don't think they have to worry about how they look, if they're already bedding some dillweed who will do them when they're already spoken for. Once you talk someone into bed to indulge in an adulterous fling, appearances don't matter so much anymore.

Sheesh. What is the world coming to?

Only single people should be doing sit ups and yoga and kickboxing and diets and stuff. And even then, it's really only inviting trouble since most single people have a defective social filter. They'll open the door to any moron carrying an FTD bouquet.

IMG_0014_zpsaf1da201.jpg
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    if your post would have being- my wife read online that people get fit to look good for others outside the relationship ouch- i would agree 100% although it's not my case but the -in bed thing is what got me confuse-
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    EZDUZIT68 wrote: »
    How about this: is there anyhing wrong with wanting to look more attractive to the opposite sex - and nothing more - yet being committed to your relationship? There's something quite empowering about knowing you're "wanted" as long as you have the strength and integrity to maintain appropriate boundaries and stay faithful.

Looking is looking; if someone wants to cheat, they'll find a way to do it wheher they're in shape or not...

^^^

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This thread:

Funny-Facepalm-GIF.gif
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    The only people whose opinions I care about base their opinions of me based on other attributes besides my physicality and I don't give a shlt about what the others think. My only critic is myself.
  • ZenDoggie
    ZenDoggie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    The only people whose opinions I care about base their opinions of me based on other attributes besides my physicality and I don't give a shlt about what the others think. My only critic is myself.

Well said my good sir!!!
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »

Now that would be a state worth achieving.

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Community-Jeff-wrong.gif?imgmax=800
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I'm getting fit for ME and me alone. I'm adding years onto my life, I am healthy, I feel better mentally and physically. To think I am trying to get fit for anyone besides me is insane.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    this was an awesome thread.
  • canadiangirl014
    canadiangirl014 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Not my intent but I will tell you that I know of six women, mom's from school who all lost weight with those Dr. B injections and had plastic surgery, tummy tucks, boob jobs, butt lifts etc. and all four out of the six cheated on their husbands and are now divorced so there's some merit to the article, that's for sure.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    People still believe everything they read online?
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options

I don't think they have to worry about how they look, if they're already bedding some dillweed who will do them when they're already spoken for. Once you talk someone into bed to indulge in an adulterous fling, appearances don't matter so much anymore.

Sheesh. What is the world coming to?

sooo by me working out, I'm cheating on my wife????