my wife read online that people get fit to look good in bed for others outside the relationship ouch

Replies

• blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    LotusAsh wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    What in the word are people doing in bed with others when they're already bound to an existing relationship?

sooo by me working out, I'm cheating on my wife????

You are cheating on your wife, and I have a defective social filter. Yep. Winning.
  • lacroyx wrote: »
    What in the word are people doing in bed with others when they're already bound to an existing relationship?

I don't think they have to worry about how they look, if they're already bedding some dillweed who will do them when they're already spoken for. Once you talk someone into bed to indulge in an adulterous fling, appearances don't matter so much anymore.

Sheesh. What is the world coming to?

Only single people should be doing sit ups and yoga and kickboxing and diets and stuff. And even then, it's really only inviting trouble since most single people have a defective social filter. They'll open the door to any moron carrying an FTD bouquet.
    giphy.gif

I'm going to assume that you're miserable and don't like to make someone happy based on what you just posted.
    What kind of disrespect is it to know that once you found 'the one' or hell even if you're just with someone you care about, that now you let if all out and not take care of yourself? Even then, it's no so much about your partner as it is about yourself, your self worth and how others view you with that regard. I got my *kitten* in shape to help SAVE my marriage and it didn't work. She decided to go the other route, that was on her. So now I'm still on course to hit my fitness goal this year, and you know what, I've honestly not looked this awesome since high school. I get attention and it feels great..and when I meet that one woman who is attracted to me for who I am, I'm going to show her that I am still that hard working, ambitious man who pulled himself out of the gutter and turned his life, career and body around, because let's be honest..confidence is sexy..and to know that my girl only cared to look hot for me when she was trying to bag me, shows she has little respect for me and for herself. But if I know my girl is getting up at 5 AM, working her *kitten* off because she wants to look beautiful for me...that's someone I want to keep in my life..because that shows HER self worth.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    LotusAsh wrote: »

I don't think they have to worry about how they look, if they're already bedding some dillweed who will do them when they're already spoken for. Once you talk someone into bed to indulge in an adulterous fling, appearances don't matter so much anymore.

Only single people should be doing sit ups and yoga and kickboxing and diets and stuff. And even then, it's really only inviting trouble since most single people have a defective social filter. They'll open the door to any moron carrying an FTD bouquet.

sooo by me working out, I'm cheating on my wife????

SURPRISE!

Because you know everything you read on the internet is true!
  • sbooski
    sbooski Posts: 23 Member
    If you haven't already, ask her to join you!
  • jacqueline7599
    jacqueline7599 Posts: 159 Member
    I wanna look good in bed for my husband all though he claims nothing wrong but I want to be comfortable with myself.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    She's trying to tell you something.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    What about to look better for others INSIDE the relationship? Don't people like to look good to their husband/wife?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    My husband and I are fit and healthy together. We have a blast in our own bedroom. We enjoy each others bodies....very much.

I could see how it would be intimidating to someone that had no desire to get in shape and their partner did, because my self esteem when I was heavy was super low.
  • eliseh23
    eliseh23 Posts: 120
    Okay... That's not true :D, well for some it may be, but people want to be healthy yo! Looking better is a bonus for some.

I've been in a relationship since high school with the same person, almost 8 years now, and I'm definitely not trying to look good for someone other than myself.
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    There's also articles about them wanting to look good for who they are with.
    If she is picking one rather than the other then she may be feeling a little insecure.
    If she told you about it then she is seeking your comfort.
    Or an argument... depending on the type of woman she is.

I think to each their own.
    I'm getting fit for me. Nevermind other people. :)
  • blueeyesgrace

When I meet that one woman who is attracted to me for who I am, I'm going to show her that I am still that hard working, ambitious man who pulled himself out of the gutter and turned his life, career and body around, because let's be honest..confidence is sexy..and to know that my girl only cared to look hot for me when she was trying to bag me, shows she has little respect for me and for herself. But if I know my girl is getting up at 5 AM, working her *kitten* off because she wants to look beautiful for me...that's someone I want to keep in my life..because that shows HER self worth.

^^ This man is worth keeping around ladies! Even if we both have defective social filters. I know I have a defective filter, but I can assure you it's not a social filter...
  • ^^^ This woman is onto something..my filter is non-existent..ad what the hell does a social filter mean anyway? I thought that was called alcohol?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Take the internet away from your wife. She's not using it responsibly.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    ^^ i must say that to be honest english is not my first language but i pretty much manage ok with everything that is said around here, but that post about social filter/defective filter i did not understood a word :D
  • blueeyesgrace
    ^^^ This woman is onto something..my filter is non-existent..ad what the hell does a social filter mean anyway? I thought that was called alcohol?

The Watson Institute defines it as such:
    social filter (noun) : the manner in which one appraises a social situation to know the appropriate reactions or responses to such a situation

I'm a smartass when appropriate. I'm a b***h when appropriate. I'm a flirt when appropriate. I can even be nice on rare occassions. I think this means I have an effective social filter??
  • I'd say you do
  • karyabc wrote: »
    ^^ i must say that to be honest english is not my first language but i pretty much manage ok with everything that is said around here, but that post about social filter/defective filter i did not understood a word :D

Neither did we.
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    I'm a graduate student actually doing quite a bit of research on similar topics at the moment.

While fitness level and perceived attractiveness (by self and others) may be correlated, one does not necessarily cause the other. In short, correlation does not always equal causation.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    lacroyx wrote: »

giphy.gif

^^LOL - my sentiments exactly!! this person's post...has GOTT to be in jest....

Ummm...it was a pretty obvious use of sarcasm to me, but perhaps my sarcasm filter is just more finely tuned than others who thought it was a serious comment.

• logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    I do work out so that I look good naked. Granted, my wife is the only one who sees me that way, but why shouldn't I want to look good for her? Just because I am in a committed long term relationship (going to be 14 years married this year, and 23 together) doesn't mean I should let myself go. I've been down that road before and it sucks. It affected our love life negatively. Sure, she still loved me, but I also wanted her to LUST me. I definitely see a difference in how she looks at me now then how she used to. And it will only get better as more weight comes off.