Need some low-maintenance lunch ideas for work

Options
I am starting an office job this week and have 30 minutes for lunch (though I can snack if I need to). I don't have time to make fancy meals but I am not going to bring in McDonald's either. What are some simple, low-calorie lunch or snack ideas that will get me through the day without feeling hungry? I would like to keep it under 600 calories. I would like something that will taste good but also won't tempt me to binge. For example, I thought about bringing in rice/cucumber sushi.

Replies

• lauranelson779
    lauranelson779 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Do you have a fridge or microwave? I work in a school and have my lunch with the children while opening their lunches (I use my lunch break to go for a walk to clear my head.) personally, I take 3-4 fruit or veg with dip if needed, some cheese and maybe some bread. I cut them all up Sunday for the week. I also make a giant batch of taquitos or panzerotis and freeze them so that the days I don't have time to make lunch I can grab something out of the freezer.

I also make oatmeal in the morning (pour boiling water on 5 minute oats with honey, raisins and spices) in a mason jar. The heat seals the jar and by lunch time it is cooked and still warm.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just make a sandwich? For me it's either a sandwich or a frozen dinner (lean cuisine, etc...) when I'm too lazy to make one, which is often. I like tuna, or deli ham or turkey mostly. Sometimes I'll make egg salad. Throw in a greek yogurt and a piece of fruit and I'm satisfied until dinner. Bonus w/ the sandwich is you don't have to waste time heating it up, so you get more free time at lunch.