type 1 and overweight

Options
I am a type 1 diabetic and could stand to lose at least 40 pounds. Any low carb and low fat recipes would be appreciated. Any advice from other type 1's also appreciated.

Replies

• mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    cooking light magazine is great for diabetics!! Also skinnytaste.com is awesome and free!!!
  • Turtlesrcool
    Options
    Thanks, I will check it out.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Great to have you join us :) Take a look at the small groups and I bet you'll find some T1 folks there as well.
  • Ash1106
    Ash1106 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I also have T1D and am overweight, needing to lose quite a bit. I have found that the Hungry Girl recipe books are great; they are simple recipes that give you the low down on the nutrition upfront. Please feel free to add me!
  • Turtlesrcool
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Ash1106 I will try to add you if I can figure out how. Lol!
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm type I. Have been for over 40 years. I need to lose about 15 pounds. I try to eat as low carb as I can. Lots of veggies.
  • Turtlesrcool
    Options
    Thanks Corrine. I think I am overdoing on the cheese. More veggies.
  • llynn1976
    llynn1976 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello I have been type 1 since I was 9 Yeats old (38) now. I'm new here but not to the diet game. I am 5'4 and 154 and want to lose @ 24 pounds. Ive lost the weight b4 and when I make up my mind I can get alittle obcessive @ it. My problem is I get bord after a while and end up gaining everything back again. I'm hoping this will the year it sticks.
  • Turtlesrcool
    Options
    I understand about the boredom. That is what puts weight on me too. Add me as a friend if you want.