looking for a weight loss partner

Options
70deedee
70deedee Posts: 13 Member
I've been on this journey before but I just can't "go it" alone. Im looking for someone to buddy up with an keep eachother accountable. Im about 20 lbs overweight and as we all know, that's the hardest to lose. Im in my 4th year of college, two young daughters still at home, a husband, and very active in my church. If anyone is willing to buddy up, I'll be an encouraging partner. I have been here before but didn't get the support I needed, probably because i couldnt figure out how to properly use this site! Lol. This has got to be the year for me to reach my goal!

Replies

• sjamescarreau
    sjamescarreau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow you have your hands full. I'll do my best to support you. I would like to lose 18 lbs to get down to 150. The thing is once i'm there I don't want to return to this point again. I'm one of those all in or all out. perhaps you can teach me moderation.
  • 70deedee
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. If you can add me to your friends list, I'm m having trouble with my internet.
  • sarahmilner714
    sarahmilner714 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your goals. I am aiming to loose around 35 lbs this year. You are welcome to add me as a friend
  • Cantaloupe321
    Cantaloupe321 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a total of 17lbs to loose, 11 more to go. It's been hard and slower than I'd like, so I get where you're coming from. I'm adding you now.
  • kty515
    kty515 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm in almost the same situation as you 70deedee. I'm married with 2 kids and about 15 pounds left to lose from a total of 18. I'm 38, I get stressed easily and tend to overeat. I'm trying to fit in more workouts but its hard to find time and that is de-motivating. I hope talking to another like me will help. You are welcome to add me if you like. I'm figuring out this site too.
  • quietmind1030
    Options
    One day at a time, plan your day each night before...only way to do it given you have to balance family, work, and yourself.. Keep in touch...
  • 70deedee
    Options
    Im having trouble connecting in my home. Im blogging on my page if either of you are interested in teaming up. I can't view any of your profiles, only can accept your friendship request (while at home).
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm back at it again and need some support. I want to lose 20-30 pounds. I'm at home with my husband and three kids (oldest at college) and need motivation to stick with healthy eating and work outs. Friend me for mutual support and motivation.
  • 70deedee
    Options
    I can only accept friends, not sure why.
  • mg_adina
    mg_adina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request! I'm new to MFP but feel quite motivated. I am 42, work full time, and have a young son. I am hoping to lose 20 - 25lbs. I also recognize the importance of good support, so I've been looking into some of the group challenges. Happy to friend any of you here. Adina
  • dianemitchell2015
    Options
    You can add me for a buddy I'm a busy working mum of two children age 8 and 6.5 working with food all is really hard
  • 70deedee
    Options
    Dianemitchell2015, add me, because my phone will only let me accept. Go figure
  • 70deedee
    Options
    kty515 wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm in almost the same situation as you 70deedee. I'm married with 2 kids and about 15 pounds left to lose from a total of 18. I'm 38, I get stressed easily and tend to overeat. I'm trying to fit in more workouts but its hard to find time and that is de-motivating. I hope talking to another like me will help. You are welcome to add me if you like. I'm figuring out this site too.

Add me, my phone wont allow me to add,only to accept.
  • 70deedee
    Options
    Wow you have your hands full. I'll do my best to support you. I would like to lose 18 lbs to get down to 150. The thing is once i'm there I don't want to return to this point again. I'm one of those all in or all out. perhaps you can teach me moderation.

Please add me, phone wont allow me to add, only accept
  • 70deedee
    Options
    Good luck in your goals. I am aiming to loose around 35 lbs this year. You are welcome to add me as a friend
  • 70deedee
    Options
    You can add me for a buddy I'm a busy working mum of two children age 8 and 6.5 working with food all is really hard
  • 70deedee
    Options
    allie0630 wrote: »
    I'm back at it again and need some support. I want to lose 20-30 pounds. I'm at home with my husband and three kids (oldest at college) and need motivation to stick with healthy eating and work outs. Friend me for mutual support and motivation.
  • Taylor19702002
    Options
    Hello!
    I am also married with kids 6 actually. I have 21 pounds to lose so i have a long way to go.
    It is hard to fit work and workouts all in one day. My parents think i got married too young so they are not at all supportive. You can add me if you would like.