Overwhelmed!

Options
Hi!

I've been here about 2 weeks. Entering my food, exercise & lurking on the message board. SOOOO much information I just feel overwhelmed and not so excited about this journey I've begun.

I'm amazed at so much determination, effort & success.

Right now I think I would just like to find a few friends for support. Don't really have any in my day to day life. I also would love to find some SIMPLE BASIC exercise videos to see moves like lunges, squats, etc. for proper form. I did join a gym last month and have been going but always feel lost for a "routine" and need to do more @ home when I can't get to the gym.

Lots of issues LOL but don't wanna lay it all out there yet.

Hope to meet some people here!
Michele

Replies

• zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi Michele,
    i wish you best of luck in your upcoming journey and feel free to friend me and for videos checkout Self's workout creator it's really nice and easy to find what you're looking for on there.

http://workouts.self.com/
  • kah02a
    kah02a Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You're not alone!!!

I love the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout DVD--it does a great low option or high option...

I'll add you as a friend!

We've ALL got issues, girl!
    Normal is just a setting on the dryer ;)
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You can also rent exercise movies from Netflix and get them online, or on demand through comcast. In a pinch, Youtube works too!!! Good luck to you lady!!!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    welcome & good luck, add me if you want.
  • fitcounselor
    fitcounselor Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You might consider Brazil Butt Lift -- TONS of lunges, etc. to get "those" areas toned and firm! Music is fun, and Leandro is nice eye candy! I love the moves!
  • hitxgirl
    hitxgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just focus on you for right now. Enter your exercise and food. Try to find a time that you can set aside for exercise (same time) everyday. This worked best for me. Right now mine is 8:30 - 10:00 and that includes drive time to and from the gym. If something comes up and I can't make that time I try to do something later but don't beat myself up if I don't get to it. I watch the numbers MFP gives me and try to stay + or - 100 cal. from the net calories. I have some small hand weights and a rebounder for my home workouts. I use them when I can't make it to the gym, just have 30 mins., or the weather is bad.

One of the MFP members has a great blog that lists and discusses different workout videos. I haven't looked at it for a while but I hope it can help you. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Ajsgirl4life/rss

Good luck!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Hello Michele,

It is all definitely hard to find the routine. I've been at this for months and Im only really beginning to find my happy medium.

Personally, I enjoy the Turbo Jam DVDs. I bought them when they were "newer" back in 2006-2007-ish and didn't use them much them. I'm glad I bought them now, because when Im exercising at home I have lots of options. There is a cardio dance party, which is 45 minutes of dancing/kick boxing cardio, an ab workout, a 20-minute workout, as well as a sculpting routine (which I havent hadnt had the pleasure of trying yet).

No matter what workout style you have, however, I think it is important to properly stretch. Many people enjoy yoga DVDs. Personally, I do basic stretches I find online with the help of resistance bands. When I wasnt stretching as much, I was having lots of muscle and neck strains which were SO uncomfortable.

As for the gym, I used to do (I just left my gym because school is out for the summer):
    15 minutes on the stair stepper
    15 minutes of elliptical
    weights (sometimes free weights sometimes the weight machines)
    Then a 30 minute jog or elliptical again

I just started getting back into workout, so adjustments can be made for more or less obviously:laugh: :wink:

Hope this is of some help,

Summer
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    you can find several workouts just by going to youtube and typing in the types of workout you'd like to try. abdominal work etc. there are lots to choose from. there are even chair exercises and resistance band exercises too. also sparkpeople.com has a host of exercises to try as well. there really isn't any need to spend the money on video's if you don't have it.
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Glad you are here! feel free to add me. I was overwhelmed at first too, but this is my third week and I have finally found my way around and am totally loving it. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it. As far as videos go there a lots of good ones on Netflix that you can stream. I also love Biggest Loser Cardio Max. It gives you 3 different levels to choose from and they do tons of lunges. Have fun and good luck!
  • barbacasec
    barbacasec Posts: 106
    Options
    try bodybuilding.com

lots of good stuff on there --- and no you wont get HUGE by doing the exercises but on the site you can look up exercises but muscle, what type of equiptment you have or dont have for that matter and they have good videos to show you correct form..... good luck !!
  • TheKatzMeow77
    Options
    you are not alone! sending friend requets as we speak :))
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    welcome!
    Personally, what worked best for me was slow and steady and variation. I get bored with the same routine all the time, so as mentioned before - look into renting DVDs from Netflix of streaming them through cable or satellite if you have that option (I get them through Netflix on the Wii).
    Also, be gentle with the process. Its difficult in this quick fix world we live in to focus on day to day changes. We want instant gratification, but this journey is more than about looking good, its also about figuring out why you got where you are in the first place, why you want to change, and what you are willing to do.
    Success hinges on 2 primary things: determination and Being. Determination to keep going, and letting yourself just BE. Just exist. Just Be Ok. You are loved, appreciated, valued, and worthy as you are right.this.minute.
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you'd like :)