Starting Focus T25 on 12/29....

Options
2»

Replies

• skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey! I'm doing a 2nd round of T25. I'm on the Alpha phase-did Lower Focus today-makes my legs feel like noodles. I do not do double Friday's I do a Saturday one instead. :-) First round, lost 8lbs and 18.5 inches. (Lost a lot of inches during alpha, then the weight came off during beta). Hoping for continued success, also ordering Gamma today as well. Best of luck on your journey.
  • sjhanson1321
    Options
    I love t25! My husband and I have done all the levels a couple times thru. My favorite is gamma because I love combining weights with cardio. We're trying to decide between starting body beast next or p90x3. Anyone else doing those or completed them recently? I was wondering how the weight loss is compared to t25. Thanks!

• arsc02
    arsc02 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know it's only 25 minutes but some days I struggle to fit that in, work full time and coach 3-4 nights a week. Do you think the time of day matters when exercising? Surely doing 2-3 times a week is better than nothing at all? Tho results won't be the same???
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I make myself get out of bed 30-40minutes earlier than when I normally took my shower in the morning. As a full time working mom, squeezing my work out in, in the evening was hard with the kids activities and such at night-was too exhausted when I finally got home to work out. Doing it first thing in the morning gives me more energy to start the day with too.
  • Heavnabee
    Options
    Hi All did my first day of T25 today (not double, maybe next Friday:-)) feeling really stiff! Amazed that I even completed it. This may sound stupid but ... how many calories does this burn, does anyone know? Thanks in advance. HB
  • HockeyGoalie35
    HockeyGoalie35 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm making my 2nd attempt at starting it tomorrow. Tried back in March and stuck too it for a week and a half and then fell off. Lost 15 pounds in that time, but i found it all again.
  • catsmeat
    catsmeat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    arsc02 wrote: »
    I know it's only 25 minutes but some days I struggle to fit that in, work full time and coach 3-4 nights a week. Do you think the time of day matters when exercising? Surely doing 2-3 times a week is better than nothing at all? Tho results won't be the same???

Definitely better than nothing; do what you can do. Time of day doesn't matter, although Shawn T recommends doing it when you have the most energy so that you can really work your best.
    Heavnabee wrote: »
    Hi All did my first day of T25 today (not double, maybe next Friday:-)) feeling really stiff! Amazed that I even completed it. This may sound stupid but ... how many calories does this burn, does anyone know? Thanks in advance. HB

Calorie burn depends on the individual: size, level of effort, fitness level, etc.

I don't eat back my calories, so I've never bothered to figure it out for myself, but I am 200+ lbs, male and go hard, so I'm confident that I'm burning at least 300-350 calories. I've heard several fit ladies report that their burn is around 220-275 depending on the intensity of the workout that day.

Your result may vary and the only way to know for sure is to use a good heart rate monitor.
  • SunnyDinCA
    SunnyDinCA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well its STATurday......I did weights today.....NICE break! Will get my walk in later....This is so weird how "psyched" I am about finishing this....way "weird" but in a good way :)
  • alleypie86
    Options
    Hi all. I also started T25 on 12/29 and was looking for some friends to stay motivated. I liked the workouts for the most part but I really struggled through the total body circuit. I followed the 5 day quick start meal plan pretty closely and ended up losing about 5 pounds in the first week. (I had some extra time from being off work for the holidays and also did a walk/jog on most days too since I had the time.) Are you guys using the nutrition guide it comes with? I'm trying to pack snacks and meals ahead of time for the week but there are limited options in the meal plan. What are you guys doing?
  • SunnyDinCA
    SunnyDinCA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im not using the nutrition guide but it looks pretty good....there is a fb group that is huge and very helpful and so very motivating...just type FOCUS T25 and it will "pop up". Good for you on the five pounds!!!!! I pulled a 2.6 loss in the first week....not too shabby!!! Cardio again on Monday.....ya ready to push play....I am :)
  • willRUN4Beer
    willRUN4Beer Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am not following the nutrition guide as of yet...long story, but now have a new fridge and just filled it up yesterday so I'll be eating healthier (less eating out!) and hopefully the weight will start to come off. I feel I have improved with the workouts already so with that, I feel good. I'll look up that T25 FB page, I'd like to keep motivated, thx!