Pear-Shape trying to get Slim-Shaped

Options
UrkleWar
UrkleWar Posts: 2
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm trying to lose some weight again. I'm 5'5 and around 125-130 pounds (my weight fluctuates a lot and often). I want to be 120 or under. As I'm sure you can see in the photos I'm pear-shaped. I don't really store a whole lot of fat in my top half, but I store a lot of stubborn fat in my bottom half. Besides regular diet and exercise, does anyone have any particular tips for a pear-shaped woman to lose weight?

Here's an album. I sloppily edited it, and the panties are cheap and torn from regular washing, but I'm too miserly to throw them out. The way the camera is sitting may exaggerate my pear-shapeness, but I'd still like some tips on how to lose this stubborn weight. I know you can't just magically target certain spots of fat, but hopefully there's something I can do that may help. The fat at the base of my belly, in my thighs and on my butt really bother me. What gets me is that my hips are mostly bone, but the fat is concentrated down in my thighs.

http://imgur.com/a/ji0K6

Also, would I be considered "large" framed for the purposes of BMI and stuff like that?

Replies

• mealreadynow
    Options
    Can't see your back side or thighs, but you are not looking very pear shaped to me.

I think you are looking quite slim on the lower body.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    That's not pear shaped at all...

I wouldn't be looking to drop fat but at heavy lifting to gain some muscle ..
  • UrkleWar
    Options
    Maybe I'm seeing myself differently than others are seeing me? But, yes, I've started working out with some weights and cardio, and I'd love to put on some muscle.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I don't think you see yourself in the same way as any other person - you are very trim and not at all pear-shaped. I agree with Rabbitjb - at the most you should be weight training to gain muscle
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You're at a great weight, try re-comp.