ineed help

Options
aseeldawoodd
aseeldawoodd Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2015 in Getting Started
I'm getting started with 159 and aiming for 122
My hight is 5'2
My problem is that i'm not understanding this so much.. Anyone can help me?? :'(

Replies

• sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    What don't you understand?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You use about 1400-1500 calories a day existing, say 1800 if you have a sitting down job / lifestyle. To lose weight you need to eat less than that, say 1300 calories with an initial goal of losing 1 lb/week.

Within that 1300 you probably need at least 60g of protein and 30g of fat as a minimum. How far did you get setting goals ? your diary is closed so we can't see your settings.
  • aseeldawoodd
    Options
    What don't you understand?

I want to know how to add my meals
  • aseeldawoodd
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    You use about 1400-1500 calories a day existing, say 1800 if you have a sitting down job / lifestyle. To lose weight you need to eat less than that, say 1300 calories with an initial goal of losing 1 lb/week.

Within that 1300 you probably need at least 60g of protein and 30g of fat as a minimum. How far did you get setting goals ? your diary is closed so we can't see your settings.

How can i open my diary?
    And i want a schedule that i can follow to lose weight. And i need helping in how to add my meals :(

• yarwell
    Options
    Go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary and click on "Add food", put name of food in search box, select portion size from relevant food.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Measure the ingredients in your meals, preferably with a digital scale. Look up the calories for the ingredients in the MFP database. Enter the ingredients from the MFP database
  • aseeldawoodd
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary and click on "Add food", put name of food in search box, select portion size from relevant food.

Aha thanks ;)
    Should i add the food after eating or before?? :#

• yarwell
    Options
    doesn't matter, if you know how much you're going to eat you can do it before and in any case you can add more later if need be.
  • aseeldawoodd
    Options
    Measure the ingredients in your meals, preferably with a digital scale. Look up the calories for the ingredients in the MFP database. Enter the ingredients from the MFP database

I got it. thanks very much :D

• yarwell
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings - bottom left to change diary visibility.
  • aseeldawoodd
    Options
    doesn't matter, if you know how much you're going to eat you can do it before and in any case you can add more later if need be.

Umm thanks
    From Where i can get a diet that i can follow??
  • aseeldawoodd
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings - bottom left to change diary visibility.

Thanks i changed it
  • yarwell
    Options
    If you want to follow a particular eating plan there are zillions to choose from. MFP is set up to allow you to monitor and restrict the quantity of what you eat without defining the foods that you choose.

I would start by logging your food for a couple of days and seeing how it compares with the targets. You may find you are over on some things and low on others and need to tweak it a bit.
  • aseeldawoodd
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you want to follow a particular eating plan there are zillions to choose from. MFP is set up to allow you to monitor and restrict the quantity of what you eat without defining the foods that you choose.

I would start by logging your food for a couple of days and seeing how it compares with the targets. You may find you are over on some things and low on others and need to tweak it a bit.

Aha i got it now.. Thank you very very much really :D:D
    I want to ask you. where can i add the exercises??
  • aseeldawoodd
    Options
    ??
  • JeniFairchild
    JeniFairchild Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    At the top of the diary page is a + sign. Click that. Towards the bottom of the page there is a cardiovascular section where you can add your exercises. There is a strength an water section as well that you can keep track. Good luck! Feel free to add my as a friend!
  • aseeldawoodd
    Options
    At the top of the diary page is a + sign. Click that. Towards the bottom of the page there is a cardiovascular section where you can add your exercises. There is a strength an water section as well that you can keep track. Good luck! Feel free to add my as a friend!

Thank you :)
    Can i ask one moe question :3
    What does remaining calories and net mean??
    And are the goal calories the calories that i jeed to burn them or to obtain them??