Replies

• DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I hope your baby pulls though. I have a little doggies at home as well
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Well pup did okay last night. Momma dog let him nurse a couple times and he at some dog food. So at least he now he is hungry and eating, which is an improvement from Sunday.

He is still not able to walk and was up quite a bit last night whining, so I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. But he is resting good now, which is great bc he is under my desk.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the cutie...

I said a prayer for your family and your pups!
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I am glad to hear the improvement! Are you supposed to bring him back to the vet anytime soon to be rechecked?
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    That's great that he's improving. My heart goes out to you and your family. I love animals and dogs have a special place in my heart.
  • luvlee884
    luvlee884 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well pup did okay last night. Momma dog let him nurse a couple times and he at some dog food. So at least he now he is hungry and eating, which is an improvement from Sunday.

He is still not able to walk and was up quite a bit last night whining, so I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. But he is resting good now, which is great bc he is under my desk.

I want a job where I can bring my dogs!!!

Glad to hear he's doing better!
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    I am glad to hear the improvement! Are you supposed to bring him back to the vet anytime soon to be rechecked?

He never said anything about bringing him back, but if he can't walk by Thursday I'm going to take him in.
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

I want a job where I can bring my dogs!!!

Glad to hear he's doing better!

I work at a car dealership in a town of 1,000 people. There is not too much activity. If I have to run errands the guys in the shop like to watch him. He mostly just lies in a basket not doing anything. If he starts to fuss, I just take him out and stick him on a piddle pad, and he usually goes then I stick him back in the basket.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I saw this post, Anna! What a nightmare! I'm so sorry you & the poor pup are going though this. :frown: I'm glad he's improving but that's horrible that he's still not walking. How sad!

I took a stray kitten to work with me one time. We found him on a Sunday night & he was having seizures all night long so I couldn't just LEAVE him, kwim? He laid on my desk in a shoe box all day until I could get him to the vet. He ended up passing away at the vet that night, but I had to try! He was so little & weak. The worst part was that I just started that job & come to find out my boss HATED cats. Oh, well. My old boss was a (for lack of a better word) jerk.
  • genabug
    Options

He never said anything about bringing him back, but if he can't walk by Thursday I'm going to take him in.

I'll be sure to check back with you, I'm curious at what they say. I think its strange that a concussion would keep him from walking this long. Hopefully he'll be walking before Thurs! Poor baby!
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

I'll be sure to check back with you, I'm curious at what they say. I think its strange that a concussion would keep him from walking this long. Hopefully he'll be walking before Thurs! Poor baby!

I think that there is swelling in his spinal cord and that puts pressure on the nerves, and that's why he can't walk. I think (hope) when all the swelling is gone he will be able to walk again.
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Update. Puppy (we haven't came up with a good name yet) was feeling pretty good last night. When he would see mom or his litter mates he would make a pretty good attempt at walking. He was pretty shakey and could only go a few steps, but it's better than before. Also he is now able to roll from his side to his tummy. Before if he would get rolled on to his side it was almost like he was peralized, His whole body would just completely freeze up and he would open his eyes really wide like he was scared. Now he can wiggle around and get roll over. So we put him in with his brother and sister last night and I left him with them today. I think it's better for him because when he has to "go" he will scoot over to the piddle pad then back to his blanket. Also he will scoot over to the food and back. This is a huge improvement. So we do have hope.

thank you everyone for your prayers!
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    That's awesome that Puppy is doing well:heart:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I'm so glad he's showing such great signs of improvement, Anna!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Update. Puppy (we haven't came up with a good name yet)

I think you should call him "Will" because he seems to have a real strong will to live!!! Just a thought. My prayers are there for the little guy!

• Anna_Banana
    Options

I think you should call him "Will" because he seems to have a real strong will to live!!! Just a thought. My prayers are there for the little guy!

That would be good. But we would have to make it Willy, bc I have a thing with all pet names should end in a vowel sound. I read once that they respond better to that. My son wants to name him Larry:noway: , but right now we are open to suggestions.
  • genabug
    Options
    yay! I'm so glad everyday brings more improvement! Thanks for keeping us updated!!! My tiny Yorkie is named Sir Charles Barkley! Of course we call him Barkley(he barks alot!) My other yorkie, in my picture is Dixie Ray, and I have a shih poo name Rudi Roo! My cats name is Quesedilla! :laugh:
    I like interesting names! how bout Sully? :happy:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Sully is good. We have 3 kids so it's hard to get every one to agree.

We have had so many dogs/pets that we tend to run low on names.

Dogs we've had (this is since I was a kid, some times we have up to 4 or 5 dogs at a time)
    Sugar, Sparky, Lucky, Tramp, Buddy, Petey (he had a big name but I don't remember it all), Blacky, Daisey, Sally, Shelly, Jackey, Rosco, Lola, Tiny Titan Tye (Tye), Anna's Foxy Little Roxy (Roxy), Anna's Phat Mercedes (Sadie), Anna's Little Madison (Madie), Anna's Little Tiger Lilly (Lilly), Anna's Naughty Little Nicky (Nicky). We use to breed Yorkies that's why all the long names have Anna's Little in them.

Horses (most of this wouldn't be a good name for a dog, but I thought I would list them)
    Flicka, Magic, Dusty, Cinnomon, Rosey, Trigger, Cowboy, Pepper, Toby, Sisco, Poncho, Scotch, Blondy, Toby, Dollar, River, Doodle, Eddie (donkey), Mistique, Patriot, JR
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Here are my current dogs' names
    1.Chelsea Marie
    2.Satin Lace
    3. Slate Lee aka Punk
    4. Chloe Rae
    5. Amos Kong

Cats
    1.Swirls
    2.Baby Boy
    3.Cheetah
    4.Shorty (he has really short legs, always looks like he is crouching)
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Oohh! Animal names. For dogs I've had Daisy, Scruffy, Minnie, Onna (don't ask. we didn't name her), Haas, Gina & Floyd. My cats have been Tigger, Bambi, Chloe, Mike The Cat, Otis & Lucy.

What about Troy for your puppy, Anna? Troy Aikman has had his fair share of head injuries & he's doing okay. :wink:

I'm so glad that puppy boy is doing better right now!
This discussion has been closed.