New to being healthy in general.

Options
lubbybutt
lubbybutt Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2015 in Getting Started
I just bought a used treadmill from Craigslist today. I plan on using it starting tomorrow. Wish me luck. Any suggestions?

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    If you want to start a running programme a lot of people use couch to 5k- it comes as an app and takes you from walking to running 5k over about 8weeks.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Oh, I've been looking for one, too! You beat me:) I started couch to 5k on a treadmill, but I also like to do incline walking/run intervals and walk with dumbbells(walk, walk and do biceps curls, walk, walk and do tricep ext, walk, walk and do shoulder press).
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Buy magazines or put it in front of the t.v. Then set reasonable goals. Like, "I'm going to use it three times a week for one hour each time." Don't set yourself up for failure by using it so much that you hate it, burn out or injure yourself! Good luck. I love my treadmill!
  • Abberration
    Options
    "use couch to 5k- it comes as an app and takes you from walking to running 5k over about 8weeks."

I know several people who have had good success!
    I got a treadmill for Christmas, and intentionally placed it in my living room so it's not 'out of sight, out of mind'