I feel inspired.....

Options
For the last few days I have been reading a bunch of these posts on MFP and especially the success stories. I have been gaining and losing weight for my whole life but especially the last 18 years since I had my son. I realized last night that I was 145lb when I got pregnant with him; never since then have I had that weight as a goal as I never saw it as achievable. After all this reading and the success stories I'm beginning to think that I just might be able to do it. I believe the main thing that needed to change was that it takes time. Just because I want to be 145lb again doesn't mean I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and be there (IF ONLY!!!)
There are a few things that have been running through my head the last couple days as I am starting this journey.....

1) If you bite it...write it

There are 3 main things I want more then anything from this journey (these are my selfish vanity reasons)

1) my body to stop moving when I do
2) lose my wing span
3) my butt to be relocated to it's original location

So with all that being said THANK YOU to all those who post their success stories that have inspired me to believe I can do it too. With some love, patience, and tolerance of myself it can be done. Therefore I am changing my goals on my profile and also will include some mini goals for myself. THANKS EVERYBODY!

PS
I have included my goal weights on here. If they seem unreasonable please don't hesitate to tell me. I'm open to any and all suggestions =)

4362003.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

SW - 200lbs 5/2/11
1st G - 160lbs by 8/31/11 (my 39th bday)
GW - 145lbs by Thanksgiving (going to meet my future mom in law)

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    good luck & always keep trying
  • Blr31977
    Blr31977 Posts: 49
    Options
    Good luck! :wink:
  • cowpoke06
    cowpoke06 Posts: 171
    Options
    How tall are you? 145 seems like a perfectly attainable weight, especially since you've been there before. It seems attainable now because it's been a while since 145 was your friend but you can get there. And as long as you know you can, you will :) good luck. You can do this.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Best wishes in your journey!!!:flowerforyou:
  • stephlayne
    stephlayne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your goals seem a bit high, but do stretch for them! On average you are only going to lose about 1-2 lb a week and the 2 lb a week will be in the beginning due to water weight. I would probably give yourself about 5 lb a month if you want to be on a safe healthy track. I just know from personal experience, I wanted to lose 10 lb a month, but it has been more like half of that and I stick to my calories and exercise 5 times a week. Hope this helps!
  • joline1160
    joline1160 Posts: 5
    Options
    You go girl looks like you are doing great. I know you don't know me but I am proud of you.
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    Go for it!! Some people might say that your goals are a bit fast, but I tend to be a fast loser when I put my mind to it, so as long as you're being healthy about it, it really depends on how your body reacts individually.

I would recommend setting your final goal in stone and looking at the mid-point as a milestone - don't beat yourself up over it if you don't make it, but strive for it none-the-less. Very similar to you, my mid-point milestone requires 10lbs a month at the start and then I'll slow down for the last 30.

BTW - will send you a friend request, if ya don't mind!