Trouble

Options
Hey guys I'm trying to find low calorie meals but I don't like veggies would anybody be able to help

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Open an account on Pinterest and use various search terms.
    Try chicken and rice OR chili and beans.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Veggies are a great way to fill up with fewer calories. Maybe you could try adding very small amounts to different mixed dishes and then increase them little by little as you find some you don't dislike as much.
  • Meliissami
    Meliissami Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I didn't think of doing that thank you
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    There are so many different veggies!! I bet if you keep trying new ones, you'll hit on at least one that you like. Try new recipes, too. My here are many different ways to prepare them and sometimes you might not love something cooked one way, but will like it prepared another way.

Edamame is very popular as a new veggie around here. Those beans are kind of sweet.

Don't give up on veggies! Keep trying!

Fruits are another nutritious, generally low-cal food.
  • wildcowbell
    wildcowbell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on veggies either, but I found I like sweet potatoes, cut up like fries and roasted. Same with baby carrots. Potatoes I will season the heck out of. Others, I puree and use in sauces (I make homemade pasta sauce, the calories are way lower than store bought).
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Try getting veggies in a homemade soup or pasta sauce or stir fry?

And I agree with Kalikel about trying more of them and also different ways of cooking them. Often people don't like them because they haven't been exposed to them cooked properly or in ways they find appealing. Roasted is a good option for many veggies.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Vegetables are easily the worst food in the history of our planet. The only ones I can bear to eat are hot peppers and onions. The only way I can eat other ones is by masking the flavor in dishes and with other spices.