Options
    My organized pantry and message center.

8amhqkew15qs.jpg
    efbxmow7oz0w.jpg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,779 Member
    Options
    evening all~
    well it didnt drop one snowflake the whole time we were gone, and what does it do the day after we get home? grrrrrrrr oh well,I went out grocery shopping and no sooner did i get over the bridge and it started snowing.. I dont do well 1~with busy supermarkets I get a bit antsy... and 2 ~ I dont like driving in snow.. and I got to do both today Oh yea me!!!!
    I prayed my way through it and did ok...
    ok onto better things.. Welcome to all of you new friends.. stick with us it is a wonderful group of ladies and you cant ask for better than that. we boost each other up..
    we are the wind beneath each other's wings..
    well I am going to bed and reading for awhile.. will check in in the morning <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,663 Member
    Options
    maria2515 wrote: »
    This is my first day on my fitnesspal. I just turned 50 yrs old and having a hard time losing weight. I am looking forward to some encouraging words. :smile:

U picked the right room for it!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone......busy day here, out and about for most of it. DD is back to normal since last night; came home from work yesterday and it was like the night before never happened. Usually we get along fine, probably 98% of the time. Our row was a 12 on a scale of one to ten and I'm very happy it's over--sudden, unexpected, passionate on both sides..........and my bp which is still higher than normal for me, so will be keeping a close eye on that and getting a med if needed. I do usually check it now and then (maybe once a month).

Made it to yoga this am, then lunch with friends, afternoon of shopping, visit to my friend at her tack shop, then home.

I was down a pound this am so I suppose I was right about the bit of sodium weight.

Janet.......Dessert: Take fat free ricotta, no sugar instant pudding (a couple teas. and adjust to taste) and a little water, mix and you have a treat.

Barb........I really like the memorial stone idea. Very good job on your diabetes!!!

Viv.........Cry all you need to whenever you need to......grief has no timetable.

Cynthia........Fingers crossed for your job situation.

tere.......Maybe call the city animal control??? No one should have to be afraid to walk their dog!

ogcoffee.........What an amazing recovery!

Dorene.......We are lucky enough to have a huge Chihuly piece in our local contemporary art museum.

Melody.........Will try your you tube exercise.

Toni.........So sorry for your drama; hopefully all will get resolved.

jane.........((((hugs))))

Hello to all the newbies and everyone I missed!

Hunger is not an emergency.
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic....drizzle and showery all day

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,774 Member
    Options
    Trying very hard to make it past 72 hours with the renewed calorie compliance. Baking today did not help, but need to get things ready for the week ahead. Also preparing things for the breakfast I'm hosting on the 9th for the volunteers who work with me on Fridays ... the "Friday Crew." My coworker and I plan on serving about 25 gentlemen. Taking Heather's advice and freezing things. As much as I love to bake/cook though, I think it's best if I just stay away from the kitchen! Out of sight ... out of mind.

We are on a major declutter mission here too. It's very freeing to let go of things that no longer have purpose or are used! Drkatiebug ... very nice job! We have a long ways to go here. But what is the saying ... how to eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

Gloomy rainy day here. Looking to get to bed early tonight. Flu bugs running rampant here too ... want to keep those at bay with proper rest.

Beth
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Wow so many new faces! Got in my 10, 000 steps plus hubs and I layed new baseboards all day in the fixer upper. I set the nails and put in wood filler. Scooted around on my knees for several hours. Only one bruise where I missed the nail and hit my hand! :D

Diana in northeast Indiana
  • SueTN2
    SueTN2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Welcome, Maria! (And everyone else who is new. I can remember Maria's name since I'm posting directly under her.)

I learned something that the rest of you probably know already, but I just discovered so am excited about it. MFP allows you to import Ingredients from any recipe on the Internet and calculates the nutritional info for you. Then it is there forever in your data base. I make these incredible muffins from the rediscovering June Cleaver site. It just popped those babies right into my diary. Yay!

I've been super motivated to de clutter. I took a trunk load to the thrift store, another bag to a friend, newspapers to the recycler, and have a huge bag of Tupperware to return to my mother. I hit the Hobby Lobby basket sale and now have a beautifully organized pantry shelf.

I love a new year. It's like a fresh slate.

• SueTN2
    SueTN2 Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the info I didn't know that. I've imported 2 recipes to check it out and mine imported perfect.

Sue from TN
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options

Greeting, all.
    I hope things are calming down after the holidays and food and family. Not much going on here other than eating right.

Barb, that is terrific about your sugar levels. I'm type II diabetic and never had to work hard to control my sugar while on Metformin. I hope to be able to get off of it while on this journey. I'm happy for you and proud of you!!!! Thanks for the dessert ideas.

ogcoffee, how terrible, what you've been through. It certainly sounds like you are strong and will get through it all. Know we are here for support.

yanniejannie, Thanks for the dessert idea. That sounds good.

Melody, nice video. Thanks for sharing and have fun.

Maria2015, welcome! I didn't think I would ever be able to lose weight until I found MFP. This site is the bomb and this is the forum to visit. Just let us know what is going on or if you have any questions and you will get all the help and support you need.

katiebug, that is great about importing the info. How and/or where do you do it? Great job on organizing!!! Want to come to my house? :p

I hate to repeat myself all the time, but you ladies are super and such inspirations. Thank you so much!

Have a great and healthy day, all.

Janet in Myrtle Beach, SC
  • mvbird
    mvbird Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello just getting back to myfitnesspal. I went through some knee issues. I gained 15 pounds . So I am glad to have some support. I haven't used this before but I know I need support.
    Mary Idaho
  • drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thorn377. Good for you for getting started on the cleaning. I really tried to get motivated to do that today but didn't happen. I'm going to bed early tonite so maybe I can get motivated early in the morning. Hey - think of all the calories you burned cleaning!!! You can add them to your exercise diary. There's one for light housecleaning already in there.
  • drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Melody - You are energetic and positive. I love the Macarena tape. I'm a Richard Simmons lover and this would be great to have. Trying to figure out how to download it. I love your goals you set out. Good luck!!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Janet, click on my recipes, then add recipe. It asks if you want to enter the ingredients from the web or manually. Choose web. If you have found the recipe ahead of time you can copy and paste the URL, but you can also search for the recipe. That is what I did. It was super easy.

I'm up for a de-cluttering road trip to Myrtle Beach anytime! I actually spent my spring break in New Orleans helping my sister de-clutter and organize her kitchen cabinets and bedroom closets. We organized and purged during the day, then saw the sites at night. It was great fun. I can't imagine a more fun time.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Barb - you're wondering what's up with Joyce and the different names. She has a personality disorder....lol

Sylvia - you seem to be getting a little bit better, even if the pudding didn't stay down, at least your temp was down

ogcoffee - what is IP Program. Boy, life's certainly delt you some hand! So glad you're walking! That's amazing.

Lesley - it is so very interesting how your weather is the exact opposite of ours. Love reading about it

Karen - welcome! Hope to see lots more of you

Maria - welcome, you've come to a good place for encouragement

Alison - don't you just hate it when it doesn't snow when you're in FL but does when you get back? I hated it when we lived in PA and now that we're in NC I hope for them to have cold weather while I'm down there.

When Vince's mom passed in (I think it was) 06, she was creamated and I asked that her ashes be sent to Vince's cousin in MO. She wanted to be buried in MO, his cousin was a mortician at the time (he's since retired). I just knew that Vince wouldn't get around to burying those ashes. Vince couldn't understand my feeling, he said "it's just ashes". I didn't want to have them constantly around. When my father passed, he was creamated and I had those ashes buried within the next few days. I just needed closure for myself. Anyway, his cousin has been asking when Vince was going to come out to bury the ashes, nothing was ever done. His cousin is going to bury the ashes but he's been after Vince for a copy (not certified or anything) of the death certificate for the cemetery. Do you know that today Vince FINALLY put it in the mail?

Hi Mary!

Michele in NC

Gratitude for the Past - Strength for the Present - Faith for the Future
  • rupert2011
    rupert2011 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, it's been a good day today I think I'm finally getting back to my pre-holiday routine. I am enjoying reading everyone's messages, I hope to get to know you all better. Thank you for sharing "real" life events and I am so impressed with the love and support offered. I feel good about today... no sugar, first day since Christmas eve. I'm not sure who said it but I love the saying "hunger is not an emergency" I have changed it a little to fit my challenges.. "wanting sugar is not an emergency" I can drink some water and get through it. Thank you for the support and direction.
    Jenny
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Margaret: I’m glad you enjoyed your tea. I love your new quotation. :flowerforyou:

Meg: It is good to see your recent posts. I’ve been missing you and hope you’ll be here regularly. :flowerforyou:

Tere: I wonder about the owners of loose dogs. They seem totally irresponsible. There are no people in our neighborhood who let their dogs run unsupervised. People seem to do a good job keeping their dogs leashed when they’re out and about, and set free to run loose in designated dog parks. :flowerforyou:

Barb from South Louisiana: I’m happy to hear you’re doing such a fine job managing your blood sugars. DH has been an insulin dependent diabetic since age 18. He takes good care of himself and has done quite well. There are still occasional insulin reactions. The last bad one scared me enough to call the paramedics. He's been doing much better for quite a few months. :flowerforyou:

Rori: Your January micro goals are excellent. I particularly like 3 and 4. I love having you around here regularly and “savor more, guzzle less” is a great idea, to the point AND puts a smile on my face. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I hope your DH is quickly over his cold. :flowerforyou:

Maria2515: You’ve found the right place for encouragement. You can succeed! It takes time and determination. Everyone messes up now and then, but those who succeed here don’t give up even if they go over their calories from time to time. Welcome. :flowerforyou:

Dr Katie: I love your new pantry and message center organization! :flowerforyou:

It has been a good day today. I did some running around & took back a Christmas gift that DH determined he didn’t want. It was good to get out of the house on my own for a while.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

January Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep.

30881843.png
  • hoff2002
    hoff2002 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Opcoffee – Welcome! I’m so sorry for all that you have been through. Despite the residual effects, you have made a remarkable recovery. I’m sure that it took a lot of very hard work. I admire your strength and the fact that you are so determined to succeed with your weight loss goal. You can do it and we are here to support you! Hugs and prayers for you and your hubby!

Maria2515 – Welcome! I think you will like it here!

Drkatiebug – I want your declutter motivation! If you're feeling really adventurous you can come back to Louisiana to help! Ha! Ha!

Diana – Ouch!

Mary from Idaho – Welcome! You’ve come to the right place for support!

Jenny - So glad for you!

I am still struggling to get back to good habits. I'm managing, but barely. I'm working at it though.

Barb from South Louisiana
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Mary and I am new to the message board. I have been on MFP for 80 days now. I lost 25 pounds with 20 to go.
    My problem is I'm a yo-yo dieter. I'm addicted to sweets and binge eating.
    My goals for the year are to;
    * exercise
    * Stop obsessing about sweets
    * Stop making too many commitments
    I have hit a plateau and am very frustrated. It will be nice to have other women to talk to.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Well I took some one suggestion yesterday and looged out. was surprised to see that I was logged in as that jvuit or whoever it was. I just looked and it says I am logged in as me. Personally I'm not sure who is me at this moment. Christmas is now over and I think I am done, kapuut! Everyone started coming over around 11, brother who came form out of town this morning get here around noon, the other brother drove up yesterday evening as did my sister's daughter. So since noon we had 6 little ones, 2 newborns, two 2 year olds and two 3 year olds. Then my 8 year old grand dauhgter is just like Michelle was when she was a child, she took on the age of the youngest child there. 33 people in my family room, 6 tables, Christmas tree and fireplace and furniture. I am tired but still smiling. Will write more tomorrow, my body can't do any more right now.

Joyce, hopefully, Indiana
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Oh dear I've been doing so well weight wise but yesterday - I went completely overboard!

I was doing well too only had soup for lunch with a few crackers DD came home from work early and we went for a long dog walk. Then as it was DHs Aunties birthday and she only lives a few streets away took her card and presents to her house. She asked if I'd like a cup of tea - Yes that would be lovely then asked if I'd like a piece of Christmas Cake No thank you, is what I should have said instead I asked for "just a very small piece" what did I get - a slice of cake big enough to feed a starving family!! Did I eat it, of course I did :( on the way home I was really cross with myself. For some reason I find it hard to say no thankyou. I need to practice!

Welcome to all the new ladies.

Sylvia hope you feel better soon, I hate feeling sickly.

Tere How awful for you to have been attacked, where were the dogs owners whilst this was going on? When I was a child there were always dogs loose, most of them were okay, but with all the new rules about unruly/aggressive dogs nowadays it's quite rare to see dogs out on their own. If they are the dog warden or the RSPCA usually pick them up and you have to pay to get them back (I think)

Dr Katiebug I've been decluttering too, but still have a long way to go. Now I'm back at work it will be hard to find the time. I'll have to be like Beth who's also decluttering (must be the time of year?) What was the quote, One bite of the elephant at a time? I find it hard as I hate to get rid of things. I always think I'll need them if I throw them out. It sometimes is true too many a time I have been strict with myself and thrown lots of bits and pieces out of a draw/cupboard and then a few days later wanted something I have finally thrown away.

As usual time is getting on and I need to get my exercises done, think I might have to do two x 10 mins today to try and get rid of the Christmas Cake that will no doubt be hanging around for a few days. I think I'll go back and have a look at Melody's dance video - Thanks Melody

Take care everyone
    Viv in Sunny but cold York UK