Struggling to get in recommended water intake. Anyone have any ideas of how to get that dreaded wat

Options
IDEAS?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Switch to ice water and keep it around all the time. Take a sip when you feel like it.

Switching to water wasn't hard for me. Getting off the caffeinated pop was a long road. I was on and off so many times before it really stuck.

It was giving the other stuff up that was difficult, not actually drinking the water.

I use the Tervis glasses because they do not sweat, no matter how hot it is. They're cute, too! :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    For me it's just having water there. If you don't want to drink it out of the bottles, have a cup or glass or something. I drink all day at work. (Uh, water, that is.)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Tea
    Flavor drops for your water
    Fruit/veggie slices in the water
    Getting a giant water bottle and setting a goal to finish it each day
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    If your pea looks ok and you aren't craving water, there's unlikely to be an issue.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    If your pea looks ok and you aren't craving water, there's unlikely to be an issue.

Unless it's split pea, then you'll want to get that checked out.
    (Sorry, it's 2AM, I'm on MFP, and I'm tired. Had to crack a joke, haha.)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

Unless it's split pea, then you'll want to get that checked out.
    (Sorry, it's 2AM, I'm on MFP, and I'm tired. Had to crack a joke, haha.)

:drinker:

Damn autocorrect.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    hehehe split pea...

I am not a huge water drinker either, I do notice that when I exercise I drink more water.
    I also started drinking more water the moment I took notice that I wasn't drinking nearly enough. Give it time, and make it a goal to drink at little more every day. It takes time, it seems that bad habits take over more instantaneously than healthy and good ones do.
    Good luck to you in achieving your goals and increasing your water intake!
  • sunnygirl1032
    sunnygirl1032 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try using a straw. It sounds funny but definitely works for me :)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    I actually love the taste (?) and feeling of water, so it's hard for me to understand why you don't like it. Could something be amiss with the water in your area? Maybe try a filter?
  • crashchamp
    crashchamp Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The less sugary/carbonated I consume the more I enjoy/crave drinking water
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    2 litre bottle of fizzy water on my desk ..4-pack under it

Lots of tea and coffee, diet sodas
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have a cup with a straw- I'm inheirently more likely to drink water sitting around if I don't have to unscrew the cap- yeah- apparently I'm THAT lazy. So at work- I always keep a cup right there with water and a straw- otherwise- I'm drinking water from a bottle while I'm working out.
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    I hated trying to drink water in the winter. I picked up a water jug that holds my 8 glasses. They are about $3. Its an awesome way to keep track. I fill it in the morning and keep it with me at room temp. I either drink from it or pour it. I like to heat it and add lemon. Hot lemon water is really good for you too.
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I also find it had to drink water, unless I'm exercising or if is really hot. I'm usually always cold so water is not that appealing to me. I have started drinking lemon water and herbal tea and that seems to be working.
  • Tasha3105
    Options
    I get bored of the taste (or non taste) of water but I bought one of the fruit infuser bottles from amazon, it was only about a fiver but that's helped me a lot!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Teal4me wrote: »
    IDEAS?

Drink when you're thirsty, stop when you aren't. It's really that simple. There is no real "recommended" water amount. There are a lot of arbitrary amounts tossed around, but medically, your body does a perfectly good job of telling you it's thirsty.

Plus you get hydration from soda, tea, coffee, juice, milk, food, etc. no reason to arbitrarily try and force yourself to drink a specific amount of just water every day. Besides, the actual amount you may need will vary depending on activity level, weather, and other factors.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I made myself a rule--go to the bathroom, drink a glass of water after. I do this even if I get up at night. It's water out--water in. It doesn't matter if you like tea or other non-sugary drinks better. Organization is the key to drinking enough fluids.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I made myself a rule--go to the bathroom, drink a glass of water after. I do this even if I get up at night. It's water out--water in. It doesn't matter if you like tea or other non-sugary drinks better. Organization is the key to drinking enough fluids.
    That may be the most nonsensical rule I've ever heard.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »
    That may be the most nonsensical rule I've ever heard.

Too bad, It sure works, and the OP asked for ideas. Why don't you come up with a better idea? Best. B)