Simfast Foods

Options
Have any of you tried Slimfast? I have the powder mix and I do use it occasionally but does the plan work? Switching 2 meals for slimfast?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm not into anything that is going to cost me extra money and that I'm not willing to do for the rest of my life. The goal is to lose the weight and keep it off, so learning to prepare my own snacks and meals that fit into my calorie and macro goals (also far healthier if home prepared, skip all that added junk) has been a huge part of my success.

A temporary round of shakes or prepackaged snacks might get you temporary results, but they are just that - temporary.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by eating fewer calories than you burn—period. If drinking Slimfast helps you do that, great. But do you really want to drink Slimfast for the rest of your life?

Rather than going on (and eventually off) a diet, make some lifestyle changes. Eat real food, just less of it.

You'll be happier and healthier—and save some money, too.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    You lose weight by eating fewer calories than you burn—period. If drinking Slimfast helps you do that, great. But do you really want to drink Slimfast for the rest of your life?

Rather than going on (and eventually off) a diet, make some lifestyle changes. Eat real food, just less of it.

beat me to it…all of this..

plus, eating real food is so much more fun than drinking a shake..right, right, right..????!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

beat me to it…all of this..

plus, eating real food is so much more fun than drinking a shake..right, right, right..????!!
    Yes yes yes!! B)

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I bought it once and ended up throwing it away because of the massive amount of sugar in it! I'm in Australia though, different countries might have different ingredients.
  • AxelDC
    Options
    I used it years ago and lost weight fast. It gets boring, however, and so you drop off. If you want to use it occasionally, it's not a bad quick meal to tide you over for 4 hours or so.

If you want a diet boost, try using it to replace breakfast or lunch, but not both. You won't get sick of it as fast so you will stay on the plan longer.
  • vfett1018
    vfett1018 Posts: 131 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I used it, but I did the 1 Slim fast shake a day, one small meal, and one large meal. Two or three (I cant remember) 100 calorie snacks. All coming to 1200 calories a day. I lost 12lbs in 6 weeks with little exercise. I personally felt the key was eating every 2-3 hours and in small portions, and of course the fewer calories a day. It worked for me, but I was also very busy at the time I did it. So it was either make a quick shake, or I probably wouldn't have had breakfast.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options

Gold star.

• kayokarma
    kayokarma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Slim fast shakes are great when busy and can't catch lunch, works great for those moments. Off the Slim fast topic but does anyone know when Alli will be back on the market? Had I known this was going off market I'd have bought at least 6 months worth.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    esjones12 wrote: »

Gold star.

Yes. Exactly!
  • annAsami
    Options
    AxelDC wrote: »
    I used it years ago and lost weight fast. It gets boring, however, and so you drop off. If you want to use it occasionally, it's not a bad quick meal to tide you over for 4 hours or so.

If you want a diet boost, try using it to replace breakfast or lunch, but not both. You won't get sick of it as fast so you will stay on the plan longer.

Thank you for your response. I should have noted that I was just curious and not thinking long term or anything like that. I just keep seeing it and was curious if anyone tried it. The powder shake mix is great though when I am in a hurry (more like woke up late and have 5 minutes to get out the door) since you can drink it in the car. I like real food too much to actually do it.
    vfett1018 wrote: »
    I used it, but I did the 1 Slim fast shake a day, one small meal, and one large meal. Two or three (I cant remember) 100 calorie snacks. All coming to 1200 calories a day. I lost 12lbs in 6 weeks with little exercise. I personally felt the key was eating every 2-3 hours and in small portions, and of course the fewer calories a day. It worked for me, but I was also very busy at the time I did it. So it was either make a quick shake, or I probably wouldn't have had breakfast.
    Thank you! That is amazing weight loss! I agree with the little snack meals, it works for me cause when it is time to actually eat I am not starving and don't eat as much!

• vicpoole188
    Options
    I've done this one with good results. Unfortunately as soon as you (reach goal weight) go off of it you (me) tended to eat everything that wasn't nailed down - all the things you've been missing and of course on goes the weight again. You'll say you won't but you do.
    This time I'm not denying myself anything - the last few days I've had fries, spaghetti and apple Danish - but only 1/3 to 1/2 of what I normally would eat and I'm happy and below my kjs! I also have reduced my expected weight loss for more daily kjs and this time I'm sure with the help of MFP and DH I'm condfident I can achieve a good weight loss.