Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Request

Hi everyone.

This is more of a request post than anything.
I would like to ask just a few of you to have a look at my food diary and tell me what I am potentially doing wrong/right. If you do, I will be so, so grateful Thank you!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Whats your height, weight and workout routine? Do you use a food scale as well? I would think if you are working out, then 1200 calories to 1300 calories isn't going to be enough, especially since you are young.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    i would but why do you think you are doing something wrong????
  • AmeliaHelen96
    AmeliaHelen96 Posts: 34 Member
    psulemon wrote: »
    Whats your height, weight and workout routine? Do you use a food scale as well? I would think if you are working out, then 1200 calories to 1300 calories isn't going to be enough, especially since you are young.

5'4, 154lbs. I walk to college and back every weekday, which adds up to about 70 minutes. I try and do 30 minutes of aerobics every day/every other day. I do use a food scale, yes. Why do you think 1200-1300 calories won't be enough?
    cadownham wrote: »

I've never really eaten healthily before, and have suffered from disordered eating for the past 10 years, so I'm a bit fuzzy on what a healthy diet is. I'm just hoping to get some opinions from others who eat healthily. Plus, I think I've just got paranoia about doing something wrong..
  • psuLemon

5'4, 154lbs. I walk to college and back every weekday, which adds up to about 70 minutes. I try and do 30 minutes of aerobics every day/every other day. I do use a food scale, yes. Why do you think 1200-1300 calories won't be enough?

I've never really eaten healthily before, and have suffered from disordered eating for the past 10 years, so I'm a bit fuzzy on what a healthy diet is. I'm just hoping to get some opinions from others who eat healthily. Plus, I think I've just got paranoia about doing something wrong..

What are your goals outside of weight loss?

• dawn0293
    dawn0293 Posts: 115 Member
    Have you tried using a non-MPF calorie calculator like this one http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm to see what your intake should be? From what I have heard, MFP has a tendency to throw that 1200 number out to scores of women like beads at mardi gras who probably should be at a higher intake.
  • AmeliaHelen96

Uh how do you mean?
    dawn0293 wrote: »
    Have you tried using a non-MPF calorie calculator like this one http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm to see what your intake should be? From what I have heard, MFP has a tendency to throw that 1200 number out to scores of women like beads at mardi gras who probably should be at a higher intake.

I shall definitely try it, thanks.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    did you set MFP for one pound or two pound per week loss?
  • AmeliaHelen96
    ndj1979 wrote: »

2lb/week loss
  • LC932017
    LC932017 Posts: 94 Member

Pretty nice website. Thanks for sharing!!

• JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member

Since MFP doesn't take exercise into account for the base number, it just gives you how many calories you'd have to eat to lose however much weight you want to lose at the activity level you tell it. Since, for women, 1200 calories is generally considered the lowest you can eat and still have a chance of getting your macronutrients, it won't go lower than that. But it's still too low for most, and definitely too low for someone who's getting seventy minutes of walking a day and 30 minutes of aerobics several times a week, even accounting for eating back exercise calories.
  • dawn0293
    dawn0293 Posts: 115 Member
    lana0715 wrote: »

Pretty nice website. Thanks for sharing!!

No Problem. It's the recommended calculator from the FAQ in subbreddit called /r/loseit that I am a member of. I like that it includes a zigzag pattern calorie plan too. I wouldn't know such a thing even existed if not for that site.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

2lb/week loss
    unless you're obese you should probably stick to 1-1.5lbs goal. And log any exercise you do, eat back 50-100%. I'd recommend 100% and lowering if your losses aren't going as expected, but YMMV.
  • psuLemon

Uh how do you mean?

Do you want to be skinny, or fit... do you want to be strong or have a lot of endurance? Do you want to have abs or ab definition?

Honestly, you want a plan that sets you up to reach your ultimate goals.. not just weight... heck, weight is fairly meaningless because I could show you women have gained 10 or 20 lbs are are more lean than they previously were.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

So this is why I ask.

A quick look at the numbers, depending how much you workout, I would have you between 1700 to 2000 calories total (without eating exercise calories). I would also suggest a workout plan that incorporates some weight training as it will help with maintaining muscle mass, metabolic functions and keep your bones dense and strong. I would also generally set your macro's around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats... but that is a general comment until we know more.
  • AmeliaHelen96

Uh how do you mean?

Do you want to be skinny, or fit... do you want to be strong or have a lot of endurance? Do you want to have abs or ab definition?

Honestly, you want a plan that sets you up to reach your ultimate goals.. not just weight... heck, weight is fairly meaningless because I could show you women have gained 10 or 20 lbs are are more lean than they previously were.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

So this is why I ask.

A quick look at the numbers, depending how much you workout, I would have you between 1700 to 2000 calories total (without eating exercise calories). I would also suggest a workout plan that incorporates some weight training as it will help with maintaining muscle mass, metabolic functions and keep your bones dense and strong. I would also generally set your macro's around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats... but that is a general comment until we know more.

I want to be skinny. I want to have a lot of endurance and have ab definition.