Oreo's

Options
Im hungry, or at least i think i am... i know i need a "snack"... The Oreo's are staring right at me! Especially after i just opened them and gave my son some for a snack. I ned to go food shopping so i dont have all of the healthiest things available... Ahhh help!!!

Replies

• SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Put them on a high shelf in a cupboard and forget about them and make yourself a nice cup of hot tea.

I find the best way to avoid situations like this is to not have them in the house. My daughter doesn't miss them and snacks on graham crackers or similar healthier snacks.

Karen
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Change the kids to 100 calorie oreo's then if you have some it isn't so bad and the kids get a few less sugar and calories too.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Oh man...that temptation must be killing you...

Tell your son to hide them while you're out of the room. :)
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. My husband works for Kraft/Nabisco and gets to bring home a certain amount of product per week and the latest was a the Spring Oreos. Mmmmmm, I gave most of them away!!! Totally tempting with a big glass of milk :happy:
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sweep the floors and set the dustpan aside. Open the bag of oreos and dump them in the trash, then quickly dump the dustpan over the cookies! I PROMISE you wont want them anymore!! =D
    You'll get rid of the threat AND burn calories sweeping.....it's win-win!
    And don't buy anymore!! lol Give kids yogurt or fresh fruit for a snack, I can't have junk in the house or I'll eat it! lol
    Good luck!
  • 4Calix
    4Calix Posts: 38
    Options
    NOOOOO! DON'T DO IT! PUT DOWN THE OREOS, TELL THEM HOW THEY MAKE YOU FEEL. RANT AND RAVE AT THEM. THEY ARE BAD BAD BAD..........YOU CAN ALSO TRY BRUSHING YOUR TEETH - I'VE HEARD THAT HELPS :)
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, i needed instant help!!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    One Oreo has 70 calories....I would go crazy!!!! My youngest loves Oreos......I just try to remember how many calories are in one oreo...and think about how much working out I have to do to burn it.....and then I change my mind!!!
  • k_ewilliams
    k_ewilliams Posts: 43
    Options
    That was me over the weekend... just two have 120 calories and I know I would not be satisfied with only 2 so I chose to not have any at all.
    It's all about willpower...be strong and carry on!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It won't taste great, it will ruin your snack calories for the day, and you will want more than one. Besides all that having sugar makes me really hungry! It's in the "not worth it" category! Next time, if you have to buy them for the kid, get the individual packages so you both have portion control. I could pass a bag of cookies like that and finish the whole bag myself before I even knew what hit me!
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    make yourself an oreo frappe to hold you over
    ice, skim milk, 2 oreo cookies blend

:happy:
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    make yourself an oreo frappe to hold you over
    ice, skim milk, 2 oreo cookies blend

:happy:

sounds really yummy, but need a new blender :/
  • susyseq
    susyseq Posts: 94
    Options
    Don't torture yourself either. I would have 2 if I needed them that bad. It only counts as 100 calories. Have them with a green tea :)
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Just visualize the main ingredients in oreos on a plate. Sugar, fat, more sugar, fake chocolate flavour, more sugar, more fat. Do you REALLY want to put that in your body?
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Just visualize the main ingredients in oreos on a plate. Sugar, fat, more sugar, fake chocolate flavour, more sugar, more fat. Do you REALLY want to put that in your body?

If you wouldn't put that in your body why would you allow your children too!

Karen
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options

That is a very good idea!!! I never thought about "unhealthy" food that way! Very good tip!! I'm going to use that! Thank you!!
  • happymom1197
    happymom1197 Posts: 155
    Options
    Sweep the floors and set the dustpan aside. Open the bag of oreos and dump them in the trash, then quickly dump the dustpan over the cookies! I PROMISE you wont want them anymore!! =D
    And don't buy anymore!! lol Give kids yogurt or fresh fruit for a snack, I can't have junk in the house or I'll eat it! lol
    Good luck!

I AGREE!!!!
  • Kellee_76
    Kellee_76 Posts: 91
    Options
    When I was a teenager, I was a vegetarian and (although it was quite some time ago) my friends and I wouldn't eat oreos because that white stuff was made from LARD. Yes, lard. Lard and sugar. (My grandmother, a retired professional cake decorator, doesn't like frosting because the "best" frosting used to be made from lard, sugar and artificial food color and flavor and just to look at the stuff still disgusts her.) I'm sure they've changed the recipe since way back when but the thought of it still turns me off.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I used to work in Baskin-Robbins as a teenager. The ice cream cakes we frosted were frosted with sugared lard. A huge bucket of lard. For the pretty flowers or colors we just added food coloring to the lard and mixed it until it was fluffy. That was in the early 90's...I'm pretty sure the recipe has stayed the same. Buttercream frosting and oreo filling still are lard...if I have to eat cake I usually go with whipped topping...prolly not good either but the thought of eating pure lard grosses me out.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Good luck!
    [/quote]

I AGREE!!!!
    [/quote]

I have to do that with pizza sometimes...but instead of sprinkiling dust I grab the dishsoap and pour it all over the pizza so I won't eat it...I got that little tip from an episode of Sex and the City.