Any girls who only needed to lose around 25lb?

Options
I seem to see a lot of people on this site who have loads to lose, 60+lb, obviously weightloss works (most of the time) quicker for these people as the bigger you are the easier it is to lose weight.

So I wanna know if there is anyone online who was a normal weight, but wanted to get down around 20lb. how hard did you find it? how long did it take you? I wanna lose around 22lb, I'm 140.6lb right now, wondering in experience how long it took you guys

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I don't have a whole lot to lose 20-25.....25-30....would be even greater.....but I'm also only 5 feet tall....I have to work pretty hard to keep weight off b/c a 5 pound weight gain is more noticeable on a shorter person....
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have 12ish pounds to lose...the closer I get to my goal, the harder it becomes. Consistency.
  • ecreigh2
    ecreigh2 Posts: 14
    Options
    I wanted to loose 20 - 25 lbs by my wedding in August. As you can see from my ticker, I'm basically there. I found it pretty easy. Though I'm young, athletic, and a little obsessed with logging food. :)

EDIT: Apparently, my ticker doesn't show up. But I've lost 21lbs since January 1st.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 20 more lbs and it's really freaking hard. I've been stuck for two weeks now :(
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I started 6 weeks ago tomorrow to loose 31lbs and I'm down 15 so far. Typically average about 1-3 lbs per week. Had a couple of weeks that I hit a plateau and didnt loose anything. :( But changed my calorie intake (added more actually) and it was enough to kick start my body back into loosing. Good luck!
  • lilmommy
    lilmommy Posts: 84
    Options
    Hey Maillekelly,
    I'm in the same boat as you! I would like to lose about 25 :)
  • maillekelly
    maillekelly Posts: 132
    Options
    It's hard! I'm worried I won't hit my target I'm freaking out pretty bad :( I want to lose 20lb by August 31st !! It sucks its harder for us lol
  • adishman83
    adishman83 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey Malliekelly,

I think that losing that much weight and being 5'8 and 120 is not a very healthy weight, unless you have a small frame.

Amanda
  • maillekelly
    Options
    I used to be 120lb and I looked fine :) i put on so much weight when I passed my test and got a car! Ive sold my car a month ago though, became so lazy!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I started at the end of Jan. 5'4" at 145lbs. I am now at 130-131 with a goal of 125lbs. The first 10 weren't too awful but there were times that I stalled out for a few weeks. The last 5-6 are being slow. I originally had my goal set at losing 2 lbs. a week and for me that was too much weight to lose and not enough calories (1200). I am now set at 1/2 lb. a week (1430 cals) and most of the time I lose a pound a week anyway. I found that I need more calories (so yes I eat back exercise calories most of them anyway). I also found that if I exercise too much I won't lose either. I exercise 5-6 days a week, 3 days of circuit training, 3-4 days of cardio, and ab work almost everyday. Drink all your water as well, when I'm dehydrated I don't lose either. I also don't eat totally clean. If I want pizza I have pizza, just smaller amounts. I also have increased veggies a lot, eat lots of lean protein and seldom eat out because the excess calories in doing so aren't worth it most of the time. For me this is a lifestyle not a diet. If I can't do it for the long term it's not going to be worth doing. I enjoy what ever I want as long as it fits in my calories for the day.

Feel free to friend me, I'd be happy to help you on your journey.

Holly
  • chippywelsh
    chippywelsh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Maybe my maths is all wrong (quite possibly) but if you're 5.8ft tall the weight you are aiming for seems far too low? Perhaps you should concentrate on being healthy, exercising and toning?
  • maillekelly
    Options
    Maybe my maths is all wrong (quite possibly) but if you're 5.8ft tall the weight you are aiming for seems far too low? Perhaps you should concentrate on being healthy, exercising and toning?

As I said before, my weight prior to my gain was 120lb. I'm also 5ft7.7 not fully 5ft8. I have quite a small frame too.
  • angechilada
    angechilada Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I started dieting seriously in early December, I was 167, and I lost 20 pounds by mid-February. It took me three more months to lose 10 pounds, but now I'm at the lowest weight I've ever been (134) and I'm trying to lose 10 more, but I'm more focused on losing body fat rather than "losing weight".
  • kimkimchi
    kimkimchi Posts: 58
    Options
    Our weight loss plan is almost exactly the same! I'm 145-146lbs now and want to get down to 120lbs!
  • michalita
    michalita Posts: 27
    Options
    Yep, me. I only want to lose 20 pounds or so total, and have already lost 15, so I'm nearly done. I wasn't overweight to begin with, but was coming close, so I wanted to change my lifestyle, and this site has helped me track that. I started here at probably around 150 or so (I'm nearly 5'7"), and it's hard to say how much I weighed in the past, because I was always skinny and never cared how much I weighed. :-) 135 was my initial goal, but now that I'm near it, I see that I must have weighed much less, so I altered the goal to 130, and we'll re-evaluate when I reach that. My ultimate goal is to get in shape, not to hit a certain weight, though.

ETA: I started here on MFP around Feb. 10, and I've lost 15 pounds in that time frame relatively easily. I'm sure I'll hit a wall the closer I come, especially because I'm exercising more and eating more calories, where in the beginning I was more sedentary and didn't need as much food.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have 17 more to lose. I lost 9 really easily (2lb a week) and now I have got stuck on a plateau. I think it is a lot harder for us to drop a small amount of weight than people who have like 50+ to lose.
  • CoilyRob
    CoilyRob Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started Monday. I would like to lose 15.5 lbs. So far I'm down 1.2:happy: I am definitely doing it this time!
  • nhgirl30
    nhgirl30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have 20ish more to loose. When I compare my weight lose to weight I started out at almost 300 pounds it is much harder now at a normal weight loose than it was when I was heavier. Consistency and commitment is key. Don't give up!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I've lost 18 pounds since January with about 11 more to go to reach my ideal goal weight but I will be happy with 5-7 more pounds. I'm a shortie (5'1") so any extra weight really shows. I've also noticed that since I've lost majority of what I wanted these last 10 so pounds are very stubborn. This will take time hang in there eat and exersice and it will come off!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 30 pounds total. It has taken me 4 months to lose 20 pounds so far. It started off easy but then I plateaued for a while and the only thing that broke through it was me upping my calories. I now have MFP set for a 0.5 pound/week loss so this is going much slower than I would like for the last 10 pounds.