Don't want to be a sideline mom!

Options
Hello all! My name is Stephanie and I am 30 yrs old. I am a first time mom to a 7 wk old little girl. I am looking to lose weight not only for myself but for my family. I don't ever want to be the mom that isn't able to run around and play with her kids. I also want to be a positive role model for my daughter. I am proud to say that I only have 14 lbs to go til I am at my pre-pregnancy weight, however I still have about another 50-60 lbs after that to be at a healthy weight. That would put me right around 130 lbs, which I think would be a darn good look for me! I know what it is I need to work on and could definitely use some support to get there. My areas of improvement include :

1. My eyes are bigger then my mouth is!
2. I procrastinate WAY too much!
3. I have the initial drive but end up losing it.....quickly!

I am determined to start living a healthier lifestyle. I am tired of listening to my own excuses and I know I need to just push myself to do it instead of being happy with the way things look on paper. I am so happy about the food diary - when I put in yesterdays meals I almost felt sick! So here I am to lose some weight, be a healthier me and hopefully make some new friends along the way!

Steph

Replies

• angelaofgreen
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I procrastinate as well, and my motivation goes right down the tube with the sore muscles from working out. :wink:

I believe you can live a healthier lifestyle, so quit procrastinating and just do it :happy:
  • waterlilly77
    Options
    welcome.. I signed up about 3 months ago and right away stopped keeping track.. but I also really need to loose this weight.. I am a Mom of 4 kids with the youngest being 6 months old..we are all done having kids now.. so I need to get myself back to a healthy weight I have about 80 lbs to lose....
  • Mandi1968
    Mandi1968 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I didn't join MFP becuase I had a lot to loose, but instead because I was gaining a little bit every year as I got older...My children are 17 and 21 and I cherish the memories I have with them hiking, riding quads, swimming and in other ways being active. I think it is great that you are motivated to make this your priority! I guess in someways I am not that far away from the possibility of being a grandparent and I want to be able to be as active with my grand children as I can be. Good Luck to you!!!!