Jillian Michaels BodyShred DVD

Options
Hi just wondering if anyone is doing Jillian Michaels new 60 Day DVD program Bodyshred? Just looking for a bit of support from anyone doing it.

Replies

• karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I *just* got mine in the mail today and plan to start tomorrow! I've done 5 rounds of Body Revolution and am psyched to go to the next level! Tonight I watched the DVD with the intros to the cast members and the tutorials for some of the moves. I'm going to be doing a *lot* of modifying--I'm definitely not ready for some of those moves. Just turned 50 and I'm not an elite athlete like the cast members.

Have you started yet? What do you think of it so far?
  • Alanabanana84
    Alanabanana84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm officially starting following the schedule and meal plan tomorrow. I watched the dvd intros and moves and some of them scared me a bit, but I look at it as something to work towards.

I have tried the first two workouts and loved them. I was able to do the moves and it left me in a puddle of sweat :smiley: (it is summer over here in Australia though lol) I was a little sore the next few days though.

So can't wait to commit fully tomorrow. I really love her 3-2-1 system too. You don't stay on a move forever and can usually do a move for 30 secs.

• karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I did Workout 1 Launch for the first time yesterday. What a great workout! I could do all of the moves without modification other than going to the knees for a couple of the push-ups the second time through the set. The heaviest weights I used were 7#, much lighter than I'm used to.

I'm going to modify the program a bit--only doing the strength training workouts 3x/week instead of 4 and mixing in yoga and more cardio the other days as well as walking to work. I did that my last round of Body Revolution and it felt much better on my body, as my muscles get stiff and tight really easily.

Not following her diet plan as I need way more food than that (I lose 1+ pound/week on 1800 calories a day), but I will probably try some of the recipes.
  • Jessie_kai
    Jessie_kai Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Alanabanana84, how did you get hold of a copy of the bodyshred program in Aus? I'm keen to do this program but thought it was only currently available in the US and Canada.
  • Alanabanana84
    Options
    karint74 - Workout 1 Launch definitely is a good one, certainly feels you've done a great workout after you're finished and only in 30mins!

Jessie_kai - I used a service that is offered by Australia Post called Shopmate (shopmate.auspost.com.au). Sign up is free and there are no monthly payments or anything like that, you just have to pay for the postage to Australia. So it works out a bit dearer because you are paying two postages (one for the package to get sent to the Australia Post warehouse in US, then you pay Australia Post to get it sent here) Plus Bodyshred is in US dollars, works out to be a little more once converted.
    I was also a bit lucky that they happened to have a 25% off the second shipment for Christmas.

I'm glad I got it though even if I did end up paying a little more, I've been waiting ever since i heard her first talk about it on the podcast and thought it would be a great Christmas present to myself.
  • Jessie_kai
    Options
    Thanks for the details Alanabanana84 :)
  • pamnconnor
    Options
    Hi. What is the exact name of this new dvd? I did a google search and she has so many shred dvds that it's hard to tell which is the new one.
  • Jessie_kai
    Options
    pamnconnor wrote: »
    Hi. What is the exact name of this new dvd? I did a google search and she has so many shred dvds that it's hard to tell which is the new one.

The website is https://www.getbodyshred.com/
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for mine to arrive. Should be today!! I have done 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, NMTZ, and Body Revolution.
    I would love to hear any other thoughts you guys have had on the program so far.

I was also scared of the preview videos I've seen. I saw some move where they go from a push-up to completely airborne. Holy cow!
  • Alanabanana84
    Options
    Week one down and so far its great. This week will be the same workouts and I'm looking forward to it.

I know its going to get a lot harder but I'm up to the challenge. I know I will have to keep reminding myself that when it gets harder to just keep moving and pushing myself past my limits even though I might not be anywhere near what some of the people on the dvd are and I will progress and be better for it.
  • sarahharas5
    Options
    I did workout one on Saturday then did it again this morning as my "official" start. It was definitely a good work out.
    I know its going to get a lot harder but I'm up to the challenge. I know I will have to keep reminding myself that when it gets harder to just keep moving and pushing myself past my limits even though I might not be anywhere near what some of the people on the dvd are and I will progress and be better for it.

I agree with this. Sometimes it's easier to do the modifications but I need to remember to keep pushing myself and just try to improve each day.

• Alanabanana84
    Options
    Hi all just a quick message to see how everyone is going. I start week three today and looking forward to it. The first two weeks were awesome and I'm still enjoying it as much as the first day! Things might change after today though lol. Anyways I hope everyone is working hard and enjoying it as much as I am. I have already noticed a few changes in my body and what it can do :smile:
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for mine to arrive. Should be today!! I have done 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, NMTZ, and Body Revolution.
    I would love to hear any other thoughts you guys have had on the program so far.

I was also scared of the preview videos I've seen. I saw some move where they go from a push-up to completely airborne. Holy cow!

I tried that kind of bouncy push-up move in the last workout of Body Revolution. My shoulder gave me trouble for weeks. Won't be doing that one again. But I'm excited to read about something new from Jillian!
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Is this supposed to be a follow-up to the Body Revolution? Is it harder?
  • Alanabanana84
    Options
    Hi 7elizamae, although I haven't done body revolution i think it is the next step up from that. That's only going by what I've read and heard Jillian talk about on her podcast. If anyone here has done Body Revolution and is now doing BodyShred please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was a little scared at first when I first saw the preview and also when I got the DVDs and looked at the one where they show you some moves. Some are a little advanced (insane) lol. But so far so good, I'm loving it.

After I've finished each workout I do feel a little proud of myself for pushing and for improving on the last time I did the workout. So far I give the program 10/10 (although this might change in the later weeks since I'm only really at the beginning).
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    One thing I disliked about BR was all the balancing stuff. Is BS the same?
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know about this program! I just started another round of Body Revolution, then I'm going to get this! I'm totally going to follow this thread.
  • Alanabanana84
    Options
    jaz050465 wrote: »
    One thing I disliked about BR was all the balancing stuff. Is BS the same?

Yes there is some balancing stuff in BodyShred. I find some of it hard but keep at it and hopefully I'll improve. I just keep thinking that you don't have to be perfect you just have to give it your best. I'm also better at balancing on my left leg then my right leg :-)
  • Alanabanana84
    Options
    nyssa1231 so far the program has been well worth it! Loving it!
  • sarahharas5
    Options
    @Alanabanana84‌ I feel like I wasn't warned about workout 3! Holy cow. That's a huge step from weeks 1 and 2 don't you think?
    How are things going for you?