College Student with 115 lbs to lose

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Meg and I'm a 20 year old college student (interestingly enough- a new exercise and sports science major trying to get into an Occupational Therapy program) starting at 251.2 pounds.
- I'd love some friends on here for encouragement, especially (but not only!!) people in college or with a lot of weight to lose as well. My UGW is 136 and my biggest fitness goal for this year is to run a 5k in under 40 minutes. My 5k pr last year was 47 minutes- with lots of walking. This year, I want to run the entire 5k! I also gave up soda this morning-cold turkey because if I didn't, I'd never get off it. Let's be friends! :smiley:

Replies

• Liserton
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm no longer in college nor do I have a ton of extra weight to lose. I just had a baby so I have some pregnancy weight to try and get rid of.
    But I also am giving up soda this year and I would love some support with that. so lets be friends lol and I can help motivate you and you can do the same for me =]
  • vegaschristina
    vegaschristina Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Not a college any longer, but an OT. Good luck with your studies and fitness goals!
  • Amarie2286
    Options
    I am a college student and have a good bit of weight to lose also! It is so hard to find time to exercise and eat healthy when you are a full time student and are on the go so much. Maybe we can be friends and encourage each other!!
  • jakkr04
    jakkr04 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well I am twice your age, however I am a graduate student, mother, wife, full time employee with 100 lbs to loose and I could use more friends on this journey. :-) That being said I will send you a friend request.
  • irishprincess007
    irishprincess007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jessi. I'm 34, but started college full time in the fall. I'm also a stay-at-home mom of 2 I've got 130lbs to lose and definitely need encouragement and support. Feel free to ad me.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Meg and I'm a 20 year old college student (interestingly enough- a new exercise and sports science major trying to get into an Occupational Therapy program) starting at 251.2 pounds.
    - I'd love some friends on here for encouragement, especially (but not only!!) people in college or with a lot of weight to lose as well. My UGW is 136 and my biggest fitness goal for this year is to run a 5k in under 40 minutes. My 5k pr last year was 47 minutes- with lots of walking. This year, I want to run the entire 5k! I also gave up soda this morning-cold turkey because if I didn't, I'd never get off it. Let's be friends! :smiley:

One doctor told me in one year some people do lose up to 20 pounds just leaving off a soda. Best of efforts in 2015.