this is such hard work

Options
hi everyone hope i am not the only one finding this a real challenge

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What are you finding challenging exactly? people here have been through EVERYTHING and can offer handy advice...
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. We all go through phases when we struggle. Right now I am struggling with self sabotage, but I know that I will get it under control and it will get easier.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny, I agree with previous posters saying everyone struggles and that there are plenty of people who have "been there" and can offer advice on how they got through it.
    Have you taken your "Before" measurements and photos? I found one of the most motivating factors seeing those scales drop every morning.
  • jennybower5
    jennybower5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    not very motivated this week i have 5 kids and with holidays finding it hard to get on my treadmill feel i have no time to myself. not eating the best, so feel disappointed in myself. want to feel good but don't even though i have lost weight regularly over the last few weeks. any advice would be appreciated.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    i have lost weight regularly over the last few weeks. any advice would be appreciated.

THIS part stands out to me. Despite your obstacles you're obviously doing something right! Don't beat yourself up for not being 'perfect' - if the scale is moving in the right direction you're doing OK!

• Yolanda88662015
    Options
    You are not alone. We all go through phases when we struggle. Right now I am struggling with self sabotage, but I know that I will get it under control and it will get easier.

Hi Jenny,
    Know how you feel with 2 kids, let alone keeping 5 under control.Your kitchen must be like a station with kids constantly in there grazing on holiday s. Clearly you are seeing success which is amazing progress. I try to jump straight back on, post a binge that leaves me feeling crap.Someone told me the body remembers the 5 great days, not the blip in the week on the 6th. Like one tree falling in a forest.Go to bed vowing tomorrow you will get back on track, and eat every 2 hours instead of 3 times a day. Make a lunch bag and set your alarm every 2 hrs. Seems to make eating day go quickly.Good luck to you and us all.
    Yola
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    This WILL be a challenge. However, don't think of this as a "destination" that has a finish line. Instead think of it as a small step towards the rest of your life. There were so many days I thought about giving up. How I missed eating a half a bag of Oreos or half a jar of peanut butter and not caring... it was so much easier, but my life now is so much better and yours will be too.

Start with smaller goals and work up to bigger ones. Maybe decide to walk 10,000 steps a day or maybe do something active that you enjoy every day. Then move on tobigger goals. If you go into this thinking " I have to lose x amount of weight" (especially if a large amount), it will become more daunting and difficult.

Small achievable goals! :smiley:
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, between kids, work, housework I'm left with no me time. I try to make going to the gym me time lol but I have zero willpower.
    Plus I do shift work and am always exhausted.
    I do find that the more I exercise, the better I feel... The less in exercise, the worse i feel... But if I'm in a feeling bad funk, it's really hard to get off my *kitten* and get exercise - even though I know it's good for me...
  • jennybower5
    Options
    thank you everyone for your advice and sharing your feelings . i have booked in to do aqua aerobics and the kids can play with gran friends who ever i find to take with me on the days i go . will do the treadmill when little ones are out or my pool membership i can also use the gym. i have had a good day and feeling motivated to get going.
  • liseloo79
    liseloo79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    HI Jenny I struggle with motivation too sometimes, 2 kids work school after school clubs etc, I find its easy to leave what I need until last so goodness knows how you manage with 5! I have found it easier to keep motivated this week by trying to plan ahead for food etc so its easier to avoid tripping myself up. Exercise is where I struggle too but remember even if you manage a walk to the shop its still something, keep your chin up you are sticking in there and thats the main thing :-)
  • jennybower5
    Options
    started water aerobics today it was fun but i feel a little sore but want to go 2 or 3 times a week as i got a membership with a month free, and still walk on my treadmill. hoping as the weight comes off it wont be so painful. my body is a car wreak of injuries. another non motivation problem.
  • RadiantChange
    RadiantChange Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Way to go on finding something you like to do!

Water Aerobics is a Fantastic Way to Have Support and Get a Great Workout at the Same Time. Funny How You Can Actually Sweat In The Water. Sometimes All We Need To Recharge Is a Good Nights Sleep and We Get To Start All Over Again.

All The Best To You!

• jennybower5
    Options
    can someone tell me what the flag and quote symbols are for . sorry new to all this
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    can someone tell me what the flag and quote symbols are for . sorry new to all this

"Quote" copies the post into the composition window, so you can reply to someone else (like I am doing now).

"Flag" indicates that a post is inappropriate. If you click on "Flag," you can report a post as spam (commercial advertisements, which are prohibited by MFP's terms of service), abuse (threats or insults), or a generic "report" if the post is inappropriate for some other reason.

Some people use flags to mark posts with which they disagree. That is not what they are for. They are for reporting posts to the moderators if they violate the message board rules, and disagreeing with someone else is not a violation of the rules, especially if they are wrong. :D

duty_calls.png
  • jennybower5
    Options
    bwogilvie wrote: »

"Quote" copies the post into the composition window, so you can reply to someone else (like I am doing now).

"Flag" indicates that a post is inappropriate. If you click on "Flag," you can report a post as spam (commercial advertisements, which are prohibited by MFP's terms of service), abuse (threats or insults), or a generic "report" if the post is inappropriate for some other reason.

Some people use flags to mark posts with which they disagree. That is not what they are for. They are for reporting posts to the moderators if they violate the message board rules, and disagreeing with someone else is not a violation of the rules, especially if they are wrong. :D

duty_calls.png

thank you
  • V3ry_Nic3
    Options
    not very motivated this week i have 5 kids and with holidays finding it hard to get on my treadmill feel i have no time to myself. not eating the best, so feel disappointed in myself. want to feel good but don't even though i have lost weight regularly over the last few weeks. any advice would be appreciated.

Don't be disappointed. The first step for successful change is accepting yourself completely and loving yourself exactly as you are. Once you do that, you'll see it's so much easier to stay motivated because you're not just losing weight because you want to be thin and all those other superficial reasons, you're losing weight and eating healthy because it's the best thing to do for YOU and you deserve everything that's good. Getting healthy is mental just as much as it is physical. We're all here for you if you need to talk.