success?

Options
2»

Replies

• MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wow. I hope you ll get the best out of this situation one day and can be happy with the decision you made. It must be incredibly hard and you did in anyway. You are extremely inspiring. I wish all the best for both of you and hope you ll find happiness soon
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    You lost weight very fast for such a big drop, so it's not a surprise your head hasn't caught up with your body. I hope you don't put the weight back on as a result of both your head and your stress level, but the statistics are not with you. I hate to be a wet blanket about this.

Your attitude and daily practice will be the only things that will keep you on a forward path. Kudos for helping your Dad and for losing the weight.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Best wishes on your surgery and your dad's as well. May you find true contentment in the person that you are.

It is better for you that you have a lighter weight... The beautiful person that you are did not change with the weight that you lost... Losing weight so quickly, you likely deprived yourself quite a bit. Try to find a healthy balance when you recover... Best wishes.
  • Wow that is amazing. Wishing you and your dad all the best. Take a while to get yourself used to the new you. Hugs xx
  • trajanAz
    trajanAz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of hard work for such a beautiful and selfless act.

None of us are perfect, but you've done an amazing thing for yourself and your father. I hope things go well for you and him, and that in time you learn to be happier with yourself. You're a hell of an inspiration.
  • cjhowell777
    cjhowell777 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow incredible job! I hate that you're not happy and excited and yet I totally understand. Part of it might be stress about your dad and having surgery yourself. My dad is going thru something very similar. Im stressed and im not the donor!! I cannot begin to imagine how you are coping with it all! A lot has changed for you in the last year and more to come. Take it day by day. Again huge accomplishment im very proud of you!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    it will take a while for your brain to evolve to where your body is now, but it will happen. Good luck!
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I hope both surgeries go well - I think your journey and your reasons for it are amazing. There are people here on MFP who have tightened excess skin through weight lifting, maybe that's something which would be worth exploring? Xx
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful thing you've done for your father. Very sorry you are plagued with lots of loose skin. I noticed you said you've had the loose skin for about a year now (in your second post) yet you've only logged on MFP for 365 days. So, I'm curious if you lost quite a bit of weight from your starting point of 310 before you started using MFP. Are you saying the 175 (ish) pounds was not all lost in one year?
  • camac50
    Options
    Wishing much health and happiness to you and your dad. Speedy recovery to you both.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Sodakat - my streak is only a year but i had been logging prior to that and lost it because of a conference away without internet access. i lost about 50 before starting MFP and then lost almost all of the rest of it by last February ish to within around 10 pounds from where I am now. So i've been at approximately the same weight for about a year with no change in the skin.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!