Trying to lose 6st in 9months

Options
Heyy I'm trying to lose 6st by the end of September does anybody know any low calorie meals with no veggies because I don't like them x

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    So you don't like potatoes (technically a starch), tomatoes? Not even on pizza or in a bolognese sauce?

WHAATT
  • kandi4ali
    Options
    I'm the same but have allergies to some fruit and veg:-( keep trying to eat them as the health benefits and I'm nursing my daughter
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Veggies are your friend in reducing calories. They're pretty much the lowest calorie thing going and give you lots of bulk to stay full. They're also good for you. There must be some veggies out there you can tolerate. Aside from that...turkey breast. It's one of the lowest calorie proteins, but there's only so much turkey breast one can eat. You need to find some veggies to love
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    A diet without vegetables doesn't sound at all healthy. If you don't like eating veggies, what about cooking them into food? Casseroles are an excellent idea.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    kandi4ali wrote: »
    I'm the same but have allergies to some fruit and veg:-( keep trying to eat them as the health benefits and I'm nursing my daughter
    You eat foods you are allergic to?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

I was wondering this too. I think people throw the word "allergy" around.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    To be honest 6 stone (84lbs) in 9 months isn't going to be a realistic target. You'd need to consistently lose 2lbs to 2.5lbs a week to achieve that and losing at that steady a pace doesn't happen to many people. If I was you'd I'd keep the target weight but give yourself a much more realistic timescale to lose it over. If you are going to keep the weight off you need to do it slowly and in a way you can maintain.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

I'm allergic to shellfish and I would never jeopardize my health because it's low-calorie. If you're genuinely allergic, you would avoid the food entirely because of the hours of physical misery that come after eating. Not to mention you're risking anaphylactic shock.

Please stop saying you're allergic unless you've undergone tests proving this statement. People who claim they're allergic to foods they simply dislike are why some people think "a little bit of _____ won't hurt you."
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Putting vegetables aside, even at a larger weight that's a big loss (like the poster above said). As you get thinner, it's harder to lose. Id start with a more realistic goal so you aren't killing yourself and disappointed.

As far as veggies, I don't see a way someone can dislike all veggies. They're too varied in flavor and texture. I guess you dislike some and apply it to all. Venture out and try new foods or different ways of cooking them. Your tastes also can change over time. You may like some of the stuff you think you hate.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

I'm allergic to shellfish and I would never jeopardize my health because it's low-calorie. If you're genuinely allergic, you would avoid the food entirely because of the hours of physical misery that come after eating. Not to mention you're risking anaphylactic shock.

Please stop saying you're allergic unless you've undergone tests proving this statement. People who claim they're allergic to foods they simply dislike are why some people think "a little bit of _____ won't hurt you."

That's what I was thinking as well. You can be sensitive or intolerant to foods, but that is different than an allergy.

If you are truly allergic to food, you can't eat it all all.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Veggies are your friend in reducing calories. They're pretty much the lowest calorie thing going and give you lots of bulk to stay full. They're also good for you. There must be some veggies out there you can tolerate. Aside from that...turkey breast. It's one of the lowest calorie proteins, but there's only so much turkey breast one can eat. You need to find some veggies to love

Spinach cooked in with spaghetti and pasta sauces is delicious! I have also mixed vegetables with rice for a nice stir fry. I also am not a person who goes a lot for vegetables at the side of the plate, but I do eat them as a side dish sometimes and often like them cooked in with other foods.

However, give me fresh steamed spinach or kale to the side and I am in pure heaven.

• kandi4ali
    Options

I don't eat the foods I can't eat I ment I do not like a lot off fruit and veg too and also I am allergic to a lot of them like kiwi melon shellfish etc I have been tested and can not eat them I properly worded my message wrong SORRY!
  • kandi4ali
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

No I don't I don't like a lot off veg and fruit but keep trying the ones I can eat. I worded my message wrong SORRY
  • ClaudiaM2015
    ClaudiaM2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Meliissami wrote: »
    Heyy I'm trying to lose 6st by the end of September does anybody know any low calorie meals with no veggies because I don't like them x

don't want to be negative here but 6st in 9 months is a lot! The risk of losing so much weight quickly is that you may put it all back as quickly as you lost it. Trust me... done that myself before... many times!

My advice to you:
    -set smaller goals for shorter periods of time!
    -Fruit, veg and seeds should be part of your essential healthy weighloss!
    -you should never aim to lose more than 5% of your total body weight in a month! It puts your health at risk!

Other than that, good luck and have fun!

Claudia xx
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What others have said about how likely you are to meet your goal in 9 months is right, but I say go for it anyway. Don't give up on it just because you might not get all the way to your goal by the end of September. You'll still look and feel great even if you lose half that amount.

Time limits for weight loss are a bad idea anyway, I have found, because they set you up to feel like a failure even though you actually lose weight.

Edit: Oh, and about the vegetables...I'm not a huge fan either (unless my mom makes them) but it does allow you to eat a larger volume of food for less calories. It would make it easier if you could tolerate at least some and that's not to mention the nutritional benefit. In the end, though, it's all about the calories, so it's not critical that you eat all your vegetables to lose weight.
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Consistently losing a pound a week is a good goal to have without going to extreems, plus it's not far off what you'll be eating at the end when you reach goal weight.

I lost 2 stone in 6 months and wouldn't want to go harder at it than that.

As people have said crash diets normally lead to weight gain afterwards!.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Grow up and eat your vegetables.

How can you dislike all vegetables? Such a huge variety of flavors, textures, cooking methods. Raw carrots. Steamed artichokes. Grilled onions. Sauteed Brussels sprouts. Baked stuffed peppers. Blanched tomatoes. Stir-fried broccoli. All completely different from each other.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    If you are truly allergic to food, you can't eat it all all.

Not everyone is anaphylactic to "may contain." My daughter is allergic (diagnosed by an allergist and has an epipen) to sesame, but she only reacts to tahini or other preparations where a large number of sesame seeds are crushed. Whole seeds and unrefined oils don't bother her at all.

I'm allergic to the poison-ivy-like compound in the skin of mangoes, but I like mangoes enough that sometimes I'm willing to risk a week of itchy blisters, and if I'm careful to eat ripe fruit and not get juice on my lips or fingers, I usually avoid the rash entirely.

Allergies have a whole spectrum of severity, but a mild allergy is technically still an allergy.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Grow up and eat your vegetables.

How can you dislike all vegetables? Such a huge variety of flavors, textures, cooking methods. Raw carrots. Steamed artichokes. Grilled onions. Sauteed Brussels sprouts. Baked stuffed peppers. Blanched tomatoes. Stir-fried broccoli. All completely different from each other.

This

Only a child whines "I don't like vegetables"