Share your IIFYM / lifting success stories!!

Options
Used to be part of an awesome support group on Facebook but I've recently deactivated my account and it's the main thing I'm missing..

Over the course of about a few years I've lost about 30-40 lbs and about half of those were lost via IIFYM

Replies

• Nottryingjustdoing
    Nottryingjustdoing Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Anyone??
  • bebenevaeh
    bebenevaeh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Nottryingjustdoing
    Options
    Come on everyone,let the fun begin!
  • jessiemjporter
    jessiemjporter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    id like to know this, im always a buit scared of trying something new and would love to get into weights a lot more.
    Please People share~~~~
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I lost about 20 pounds last year with IIFYM. I got lazy after summer and gained some weight back and now am back at it already down another 10 pounds. I was still lifting while being lazy even joined crossfit for a bit. I like lifting heavy and doing some cool down cardio, mostly running. I'm hoping to lost a little bit more and keep it off. The only bad side of IIFYM when you stop doing it, you have to remember you can't keep eating what you want because you can over eat very fast.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I haven't done enough to consider myself a 'success story' just yet, but IIFYM is certainly working for me; I dropped 16lbs of mostly fat in the last two months using iifym + lifting. I have progress pics on my profile. Starting to bulk now.
  • Nottryingjustdoing
    Options
    Great job to the both of you!!
    Jams009, I believe that your story is a success story,especially considering you're starting to bulk and there are far too many people afraid to do so
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yes, it works if you are honest with your tracking and intake.

Pics are in my profile... don't feel like posting them. Tons of other people on here who have found success with it as well as other sites and circles.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I lost 20# last year mostly on IIFYM and some cardio. The scale has gone back up some while I am lifting and eating more, but now I know I can drop the fat. This time there will be more muscle when Im done!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I went from a terrible powerlifter to an unremarkable one by eating a steady diet of IIFYM memes and meat. Also I'm temporarily the strongest person in my hardcore gym, because everyone who is normally stronger than me got injured in meet prep.

Yes, I sign autographs.
  • MusclenMascara
    MusclenMascara Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    <
    There's my success!
  • Nottryingjustdoing
    Options
    *applause*
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Well you can either be a IIFIYM lifter or a Paleo Cross-fitter. Me, I eat pop tarts.
    Success story, I don't lift to lose weight. I got hurt in the fall, and I can really do is deadlift and front squat for a while. So, that is pretty damn awesome, because deadlift.
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've been following the philosophy of IIFYM since I started back here last May. I lost 10lbs between May and October, maintained for a few weeks, and then started bulking. I'm back up 3lbs since I started my bulk in mid-November. :D
  • Nottryingjustdoing
    Options
    That's awesome :) !
  • hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Haven't been training long, tried and trailed various diets, IIFYM works for me! Getting me to my goals.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    im definitely a member of this club.

lifting made the epic difference I needed. I got from 260 down to about onederland and then added in lifting, because even though I did all that cardio and 'dieted' my body was looking crappier and crappier. So I learned to make friends with the barbell and fixed everything.

*pics removed to avoid the wrath of MFP

• misschiplash78
    misschiplash78 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Nottryingjustdoing
    Options
    Wowza,grreat job everyone!!
    Gotta love "the club" :)
  • littlegreen24
    littlegreen24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting IIFIYM. please add me I need major support! I'm so tired of going extreme to lose weight and I want to do something sustainable.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!