Thinking of "starting today"? You might want to check this out - pics inside!

Options

Replies

• Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story & Congrats on finishing your race.
  • MiliOm
    MiliOm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
  • ClaudiaM2015
    ClaudiaM2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My respects to you sir! Very well done! Very inspirational! What tips do you have for a busy mum and career woman that needs to lose 4st by the end of year?

Thanks!
    Claudia
  • Hybrice
    Hybrice Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look like a whole new man, very well done.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    My respects to you sir! Very well done! Very inspirational! What tips do you have for a busy mum and career woman that needs to lose 4st by the end of year?

Thanks!
    Claudia

Thanks!

And yes, time and schedule is one of the biggest challenges for me. For the first 5 months or so of 2014 I was really only getting exercise in 2-3 times per week. But every little bit counts. I was fitting it in later in the evening after we got the kids fed. For the second half of 2014 I started going to the gym in the AM - I've been able to fit it in after the kids get on the bus and before I start work, but it's a tight schedule for sure. And, although I think exercise is important, what you eat is more vital in terms of scale-weight loss anyway.

In terms of food and time, what has helped me a lot is to have a small batch of foods or meals that I eat on a regular basis. It saves me time in shopping and preparation, and I don't spend hours just trying to figure out what I'm going to eat. It also lends a certain amount of predictability to my caloric intake each day, so if I see spikes or dips I can pretty easily identify where they came from. That may not work for everyone as I know a lot of people crave variety, but I'm the opposite: I thrive in predictability and routine. It's one of those traits that, once I owned up to it, made a big difference in how I went about things during the year.

Hope that helps?

• goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring transformation. Those procastinating words of "starting tomorrow" are words and/or thoughts many of us have said time and time again. Thank you for sharing your story and pics. I am sure it has changed many tomorrows into **today** !! It has for me.

• JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today.

This ^^^^ x1000
  • IamLoriJ
    IamLoriJ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I am back and tracking TODAY... not tomorrow! It is posts such as this that remind me why this is such a great support! no wonder when I stopped hanging around here I put the weight back on... might be saying something!
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Congrats!!!
  • chubbycaz
    chubbycaz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    amazing x
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Your family must be so proud of you! Great job!
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. If even one person was able to take action due to my post then that's what I'm most proud of!
  • missjamil
    Options
    Actually made me tear up a bit.
  • hbcfit13
    hbcfit13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your success story! Too many people say "I'll start Monday" or "I'll start tomorrow." That's too late! Start NOW! :smile: You look incredible!
  • Margaret704
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    I know the pics are the really important part, so I'll keep it mostly to images for now. They tell the story better than I ever could anyway.

This was actually a couple of years ago. Probably 305lbs. They probably shouldn't have even let me on this ride. I remember this like it was yesterday though.

bjyvl87l90qt.jpg

About 2 years ago. Maybe 310lbs. There were things on this trip that I just couldn't do and I missed out on some great experiences.

70xmdwfqdctd.jpg

Probably no words necessary....

kqzfh8jadn7a.jpg

At one of my kid's soccer games. It's tough being the "fat dad" who can't really participate in the pre-game practice with the other dads.

obpdze0sm8rm.jpg

About 2 months ago. Roughly 210lbs and with new clothes. I wanted to see what they really looked like.

o2kmcmqr23wk.jpg

Taken yesterday. 196lbs. Starting weight was 318.5lbs on 1/1/14.

b02ocg1s44ik.jpg

The thing is, it IS possible. If you can set reasonable goals (I far exceeded even my stretch goals), accept that there are no excuses, understand that you will have bad days, and be prepared to be brutally honest with yourself about your actions and decisions, it is absolutely possible. Just don't ever quit. Ever. Don't start tomorrow. I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today.

Wow. That's incredible. Not sure why but your story made me cry. Lol

• Margaret704
    Options
    :)
  • mgrimes517
    mgrimes517 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Seriously -- you rock! You are such an inspiration !
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring - you look years younger and just, well, more at ease with yourself - congratulations on your loss :)
  • logicalinks
    logicalinks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!