It's Cinco tomorrow!!!

Options
Tomorrow is Cinco and I'm super excited!!

Only thing I'm bummed about is the fact that I know I'm going to be drinking a lot.... any advice for healthy alcoholic beverages (if there are any)

Orrrr.... what do you do when you know you're going to be drinking a lot one day? I don't wanna not eat that much cuz then I'll have a bad hangover =( lol

Replies

• Flocker1979
    Flocker1979 Posts: 96
    Options
    I just write it off and be extra good for a full week. Have fun!:drinker:
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Avoid the margaritas! so much sugar it's scary. Sangria's nice because it's mostly wine, but it can get pretty high on the calories too. I like to stick to rum and diet coke... but it gets old after a while.
  • a_reyes9288
    a_reyes9288 Posts: 36
    Options
    Avoid the margaritas! so much sugar it's scary. Sangria's nice because it's mostly wine, but it can get pretty high on the calories too. I like to stick to rum and diet coke... but it gets old after a while.

How about Rum and OJ? that's my drink of choice =)
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    What's Cinco? 5th May isn't a special day here in the UK so I'm curious!
  • apfeiff
    apfeiff Posts: 39
    Options
    My lower calorie beverages include: rum/vodka & diet coke, flavored vodka & soda water, and white wine. If I'm feeling frisky (and I often am) I shoot straight liquor like tequila or jager. Better than beer and it doesn't take as much for a good buzz! Try drinking water between drinks also.
  • amw8675309
    amw8675309 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i would say ifyou know you're gonig to be drinking a lot, there's no 'healthy' way of doing it.. that being said... i go out at least once a week and just work it into my calories.

light beer is under 100 calories per bottle. rum and diet coke, or vodka clubs are lower in calories as well.

i would also suggest going to the gym and working out, and then enjoy yourself!! i agree that you should still eat normally, becuase drinking on an empty stomach is just never a good move...
  • EllieHall
    EllieHall Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like the shots too but Jager is horrendous on calories!!!! I was shocked to find my Jager Bomb with 1 oz of Jager and 4 oz of Red Bull had 836 calories!!!! Definitely looking for something new!!!!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    WHOOO HOOOOOO We are having margaritas tomorrow after flirty girl calss!!!! LOVE Cinco
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

I am pretty sure you would be better off with beer than this sugar mixed with sugar concoction. Which makes sense, since it was the US beer industry that made Cinco de Mayo what it is today.

You could celebrate it like a Mexican, which makes it one of the most boring holidays ever, right up there with President's day.
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    eat, get in a great workout and drink vodka and club soda :)

that is my plan
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Yummy! Rum with anything is delicious... :drinker:
  • jolyned
    jolyned Posts: 28
    Options
    I have figured it out and you can do like a shot of vidka with perrier or club soda which has 0 calories and a shot of OJ. It's much better then it sounds but it's almost the lowest you can do. The biggest problem is that alcohol itself is extremly high in calories. Just a shot of vodka is something like 55 calories and that's the lowest one of them all.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    What's Cinco? 5th May isn't a special day here in the UK so I'm curious!

From Wikipedia.org

Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for "fifth of May") is a Mexican civic holiday held on May 5 that commemorates the Mexican army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguín.[2][3] It is celebrated primarily in the state of Puebla and in the United States.[4][5][6][7] While Cinco de Mayo sees limited significance in Mexico itself, the date is observed nationwide mostly in the United States as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride
  • amw8675309
    amw8675309 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like the shots too but Jager is horrendous on calories!!!! I was shocked to find my Jager Bomb with 1 oz of Jager and 4 oz of Red Bull had 836 calories!!!! Definitely looking for something new!!!!

that can't possibly be correct. an 8 oz can of redbull has 110 calories--- there is no way 1 oz of jager has 700+ calories... its probably closer to 200 calories for those portions, if that
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on having fajitas (light on the tortillas, sour cream, & cheese) & light beer. I'll work out in the morning.

But I have this meal about once a week, anyway!
  • mhoward48
    mhoward48 Posts: 26
    Options
    Coconut Rum and Cranberry juice.

Calories per serving of Coconut Rum/Cranberry Juice Cocktail
    112 calories of Rum, (1.75 fl oz)
    14 calories of Bottled Cranberry Juice Cocktail, (0.75 fl oz)
    2 calories of Lime Juice, (0.25 fl oz)
    2 calories of Lemon juice, (0.25 fl oz)

Calories 129.4
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    awwww, are there any low cal margaritas? The place i'm going to tomorrow has $4 margaritas.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    MGD 64 is absolutely tasty or Michelob Ultra is not bad.
  • a_reyes9288
    a_reyes9288 Posts: 36
    Options
    i would say ifyou know you're gonig to be drinking a lot, there's no 'healthy' way of doing it.. that being said... i go out at least once a week and just work it into my calories.

light beer is under 100 calories per bottle. rum and diet coke, or vodka clubs are lower in calories as well.

i would also suggest going to the gym and working out, and then enjoy yourself!! i agree that you should still eat normally, becuase drinking on an empty stomach is just never a good move...

Only problem is is that I can't work out my doctor said not too cuz I got my wisdom teeth taken out a week ago.... in fact I probably shouldn't be drinking.... but finals week is almost over and I definitely need some alcohol in my system

I think I'm just going to throw caution to the wind and just have fun... I'll worry about the fat stuff later LOL
  • EllieHall
    EllieHall Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Your right after reading your post I looked it up! I was going by what had been entered in the food section of MFP. 1 oz of Jager has 103 call and 4 oz of Bull has 55 cal. So you are right between 150 and 200 calories is a much better estimate! I feel better now. LOL