Fit before I'm 30

Options
I'm 27 this year (September) so a few years until the big 3-0 however I want to be fit and healthy when I do reach that age. I know this weight loss is going to take a while and I am in it for the long run as a lifestyle change not just a quick fix! I'm looking for new friends to motivate me and keep me going please feel free to add me and I will do the same for you :-)

Replies

• rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 26 next week and being fit by 30 would be amazing!
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I said the same thing when I signed up August 2013! I'm now a month off being 30, reached my goal weight in August last year, and I'm now lifting and building muscle. I didn't think it was doable, but it was! Good luck to you :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    why 30?
  • jwilliamson1985
    jwilliamson1985 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im 30 in 7 months time and would love to be fit by the time im 30 as i have doubled my weight over the last 7 years.
  • Kates8891
    Kates8891 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    why 30?

Because it seems a reasonable goal to reach.

I'm not going to sit here and be like 'yeh I want to loose 10lbs a week and get to my goal weight by summer!' because I know for me that isn't realistic.
  • abss15
    abss15 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'll be 28 in a couple months and would love to be fit before I'm 30 as well! I know I need to make some lifestyle changes and eating healthier is on the top of my list! Can we create a "group" to help encourage and motivate one another?
  • JenNicole11
    JenNicole11 Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm currently on the lose 30 by 30th birthday mission! I have until November :) Feel free to add me and check out some more ladies with similar goals here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/30706512#Comment_30706512

:)
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    This is my goal too - but I have a little less time than some of you. I chose 30 because everyone keeps telling me that I am just getting older and should accept my body changes. I have decided that, instead, I will be more fit on my 30th birthday than I have been thus far in my life and carry those habits forward!

I am 28, I turn 29 this summer...so about a year and a half. I have already lost a large chunk of my goal weightloss, so I have some more to go and a lot of shaping-up to do!
  • milla1985
    milla1985 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hello! I joined MFP to get fit by 30. I've got 5 and a half months to go so need all the support I can get, so please do add me!
  • yoovie
    Options
    Kates8891 wrote: »
    why 30?

Because it seems a reasonable goal to reach.

I'm not going to sit here and be like 'yeh I want to loose 10lbs a week and get to my goal weight by summer!' because I know for me that isn't realistic.

oh good god no O_O
  • jams0411
    jams0411 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i hear you!! i just turn 27 :# and that is all that is on my mind , want to be a completely different person by the time i'm 30 and im working very hard on it.

congrats and good luck to u
  • Kates8891
    Options

oh good god no O_O

?
  • Kates8891
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments it's nice to know people have the same goal in mind as me, hopefully we can encourage each other along! After all isn't that what this site is for? :smile:
  • yoovie
    Options
    Kates8891 wrote: »

oh good god no O_O

?

what?

it's not okay to agree that losing 10 pounds a week is bad?

MFP needs to start sending out better memos if agreeing with someone is gonna be banned this year. jfc.

• dwolfe1985
    dwolfe1985 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Same idea here decided i was going to get fit by 30 at the same age as the OP, been going to the gym for a few years and had some great progress. Learn to love the grind and you will do just fine :)
  • Mtodonohue
    Mtodonohue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Gonna be 30 in 10 months eek! Anyone turning 30 this year want to become friends for motivation to look fab on the big day?!
  • sc204
    sc204 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 28, thinking the same! Add me :)
  • trking86
    trking86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, 30 in 14 months... I can do that. Fit by 30 it is!
    That's like 3 lbs a month... oooohhh that math makes me happy and WAY more motivated. One month at a time, one week at a time, one day at a time. Here we go!
  • spacesinger
    spacesinger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I turned 27 last September and I'd love some motivation too! Feel free to add me :)
  • lynnedevine85
    Options
    I'm 30 in four weeks and just joined wanting 1 stone !