The phantom flag

Options
homerjspartan
homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
ioe7cuwawcwp.jpg

78is569t67bb.gif

0xxghwfydl6g.gif

So let's review. First, defensive holding. Then, pass interference (which anyone outside of Dallas and the actual officiating crew agrees it was obvious). Then, personal foul for un-sportsmanlike conduct on Dez Bryant.

3 penalties.

0 flags.

The life of a Lion's fan.

I will enjoy watching Aaron Rogers carve up the Cowboys. Because Dallas ain't gettin' those calls in Green Bay. The NFL may love the Cowboys.....but they love Aaron even more.

Replies

• Original_Sinner
    Original_Sinner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what I just watched....just pat me on the head, call me pretty and let me snuggle.
  • S0vi
    S0vi Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't care..as long as someone take out Tom Brady's knees i'm fine.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, now I am a Dallas fan, admittedly. Wasn't the hold in the first five yards?

As for pass interference, yeah, it probably should have been called. But the running into the punter shouldn't have been called on Dallas earlier, either. There were a lot of weird calls in this game.

As for the unsportsmanlike on Dez, well, he got away with one, for sure. I'm not a fan of his.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what I just watched....just pat me on the head, call me pretty and let me snuggle.

*pats you on the head* Pretty girl. Now let's snuggle.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    S0vi wrote: »

I just lol'd. Yep, I think we're all in agreement there.
  • Original_Sinner
    Original_Sinner Posts: 180 Member
    Options

*pats you on the head* Pretty girl. Now let's snuggle.

YES!!!! I WIN!!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options

I'm with you on this.

AAAANDDDDDD... Moving onto next thread.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    American football is just plain terrible all around...
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    S0vi wrote: »

I wuv u

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, now I am a Dallas fan, admittedly. Wasn't the hold in the first five yards?

Yes, but holding is holding - it doesn't matter where (disregarding defensive holding between the tackles, as that's a little more complicated). I think you're thinking of the illegal contact rule, which allows for five yards, provided the ball has not been thrown a) forward and b) goes past the line of scrimmage.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I'm still pissed about that "re-call" >:-/
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Bad call. It absolutely should've been a call. Detroit was robbed.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Yes, but holding is holding - it doesn't matter where (disregarding defensive holding between the tackles, as that's a little more complicated). I think you're thinking of the illegal contact rule, which allows for five yards, provided the ball has not been thrown a) forward and b) goes past the line of scrimmage.

Ahh, yes, that is what I was thinking of. Thanks for correcting me.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Congratulations. You just broke the internet.

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options

Congratulations. You just broke the internet.

LOL, no sarcasm intended either! :bigsmile:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

As for pass interference, yeah, it probably should have been called. But the running into the punter shouldn't have been called on Dallas earlier, either. There were a lot of weird calls in this game.

As for the unsportsmanlike on Dez, well, he got away with one, for sure. I'm not a fan of his.

Holding inside first five yards is still holding...and automatic first down.

The PI *WAS* called. That's the crazy thing. It's one thing to make the judgment call that it wasn't PI...(wrong, but it happens)...but to decide it was and then later...*MUCH LATER*...pick it up? That's bogus.

And when is the last time you saw a player get away with running onto the field like that?

I don't have a dog in this fight at all...I'm no Lions or Cowboys fan...but this was seriously bogus.

I haven't been paying attention to the news today. Has the League made a comment on this yet?

ETA: Also, that roughing kicker call was completely legit. You simply can't make contact with the plant leg/where the plant leg will land. It will be...or at least *should be* called every single time.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    I remember during the game, Mike Pereira was saying that in the playoffs, the refs are picked from separate squads in the NFL, meaning that they have never worked together before. He said that it's common for refs that haven't worked together to second-guess and not trust each other on calls like that.

That's probably what they'll attribute all the confusion to. Regardless, it's pretty inexcusable.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

The PI *WAS* called. That's the crazy thing. It's one thing to make the judgment call that it wasn't PI...(wrong, but it happens)...but to decide it was and then later...*MUCH LATER*...pick it up? That's bogus.

And when is the last time you saw a player get away with running onto the field like that?

I don't have a dog in this fight at all...I'm no Lions or Cowboys fan...but this was seriously bogus.

I haven't been paying attention to the news today. Has the League made a comment on this yet?

ETA: Also, that roughing kicker call was completely legit. You simply can't make contact with the plant leg/where the plant leg will land. It will be...or at least *should be* called every single time.

League head ref said that it should have been called as PI. That being said, the Lions should not have completely folded after that and the 10 yard punt.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    doorki wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

League head ref said that it should have been called as PI. That being said, the Lions should not have completely folded after that and the 10 yard punt.

Don't get me wrong. We had our chances to win this game. The Lion's scored 3 points in the 2nd half. That is not excusable. But our chances were severely reduced by the refs in this game. Blatantly. I could handle losing fair and square.

Not this.

Oh, and there is a photo of a Dallas DL "stomping" on a Lion running back. That will be a $70,000 fine.....right?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif