Double Under Mishaps for Women

Options
So... has anyone else ever had this problem? We were practicing double unders today at the gym. That is when you are jump roping and the rope loops around you twice for each one jump. (The opposite would be when people put a small bounce or hop in between time the rope loops). But anyway, while practicing double unders, I don't know if it is the sheer force needed to keep yourself in the air long enough or what, but I nearly peed my pants every time I tried to string more than one double under in a row. ***confession*** One time there may have been just slightly more than "nearly peeing". I watched a crossfit youtube video where other women talked about peeing every time they tried to do consecutive double unders, and I just laughed at it.... until today.

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Damn.
  • mrstravisjones
    mrstravisjones Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Where's my double under ladies out there?
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well I was hoping for more responses on this as I have the same issue lol. I don't even try them anymore, I just do an alternative everytime unfortunately. :( Guess I will never be able to do them, boo!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    LOL. Some of the women in my class who have had children have this problem.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Sounds like kegels time.
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Pelvic floor physio can help with that
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    LOL. Some of the women in my class who have had children have this problem.

never had kids- took me by surprise- happened to my first couple sessions with double unders- and I tend to be a commando kind of person- so it was weird- and akward- and I was irritated needless to say. ha- my *kitten* was chapped over it (inserted pun for giggles)

and as a dancer- I tend to think I have pretty good pelvic floor control. Apparently not as much as I thought.

Keep doing them- pee and force the issue before you start. Then just take more time between each one- and 'reset'... it gets better.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    s_pekz wrote: »
    Pelvic floor physio can help with that

Yup
  • KristaPerseveres
    KristaPerseveres Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Very common, I do crossfit, and have had this issue with double unders and deadlifting. I've had substantial scarring due to childbirth 4th degree tears and reconstruction. I've done physio for pelvic floor, but these are still killer, and still cause me problems. I've resorted to wearing a panty liner at the gym so I don't end up with a wet spot. UGH!! I empty my bladder before any jump roping or deadlifting. Good luck!!
  • TheBattleAxe
    TheBattleAxe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I couldn't quite follow your skipping explanation, but I have to go to the loo before I get on the trampoline with the kids or sometimes it's a little bit to late.
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well I will definately have to look into pelvic floor physio, thanks! I have had no children and I go to the bathroom right before the workout and it happens everytime, argh
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I havn't done those, still a newbie to exercise, but plain ole jumping jacks do that to me. I have to limit water/coffee for about an hour before I start my workout, and pee immediatly before I start. And often will wear a panty liner just in case. I've had two kids, and I pee if I laugh to hard. I really need to work harder at remembering to do kegels