protein shakes that actually taste good?

Options
I asked a similar question a few days ago but kinda messed up the topic. I need to get 30 grams of protein for breakfast. Someone suggested to add whey protein to some milk or smoothie. Any recipes would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I use soy protien, water, and frozen fruit. The EAS vanilla has 20 grams of protien
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Muscle milk is good. It has more fat in it than other protein powder, but it is good fat. Plus, Muscle Milk has vitamins in it. It is something like 150 calories for one scoop and 300 calories for 2. It is one of the only protein powders that I can drink with water OR milk. Most of the other ones I can only tolerate it with milk.
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    I use Body Fortress from Wal-Mart. It's about $16 for a huge container and 1 scoop has 26 grams of protein. I mix it with 4 oz Almond milk, 4 oa greek unsweetened yogurt and sometimes I add peanut butter or fruit. They have several flavors.....
    Hope this helps :)
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Low/No fat yogurt (I prefer vanilla flavored), protein powder of choice, fruit of choice (I recommend bananas and strawberries, but pretty much any fruit works as long as it's peeled and de-seeded if necessary), and ice. Blend until smooth. Yogurt with a good granola is also a good way to get protein in.
  • aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    Muscle milk is good. It has more fat in it than other protein powder, but it is good fat. Plus, Muscle Milk has vitamins in it. It is something like 150 calories for one scoop and 300 calories for 2. It is one of the only protein powders that I can drink with water OR milk. Most of the other ones I can only tolerate it with milk.

I agree! Muscle Milk is pretty good for a protein powder.
  • rosybella9
    rosybella9 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition. I get it at GNC. I put a scoop in my oatmeal in the morning. Or I do a quicky shake with one scoop, half cup frozen strawberries, and half a cup of milk. If I'm low on calories I may just mix one scoop with a cup of water. It's an easy and cheap way to get more protein in your diet!
  • SparkleLisa
    SparkleLisa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I really like this brand I found at Hi-Health, it's called "On" Classic Whey protein. it's 120 cal, 4g net carbs and +/- 15g of protein. I mix it with water and it tastes as close as you can get to chocolate milk and be a diet/protein drink
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    I find the GNC Pro performance French Vanilla is quite tasty and contains 40g of Protein in a 2 scoop serving. I generally mix it with Milk, but it's just as soluable and tasty mixed with water, making it a quick mix anytime if you're looking to increase the protein in your diet. :-)
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I drink one every day after my workout. It's so yummy I consider it a treat!

Dymatize protein powder (chocolate or vanilla... both are good) - 3/4 scoop
    Unsweetened almond milk - 1 cup
    PB2 powdered peanut butter - 1 tbsp
    1/4 of a banana

Total calories = 175
    Total protein = approximately 22 grams

You could also add in a bit of yogurt to thicken it up and add more protein. I will do that if I have extra calories for it :)
  • wbenson09
    wbenson09 Posts: 1
    Options
    Try the Nu-Tek Pro 5 protein from Nutra Shop. It has 40g of protein, 145 calories, 2g carbs, 1g sugar. The orange cream is the best. The best way I like it is mixed with water over ice. But for a treat you can blend it with milk and canned peaches in natural juices, super delicious.
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress from Wal-Mart. It's about $16 for a huge container and 1 scoop has 26 grams of protein. I mix it with 4 oz Almond milk, 4 oa greek unsweetened yogurt and sometimes I add peanut butter or fruit. They have several flavors.....
    Hope this helps :)

I use the Body Fortress too.

I make a "Frappucino" every morning.

1 scoop vanilla protein
    8 oz of light vanilla soy milk
    1 scoop of instant coffee
    and sugar free caramel torani syrup (also from Walmart)
    Ice
    In my mini-blender

LUV IT!
  • jen_bersabal
    Options
    I LOVE the nectar brand protein powder. I buy it at the vitamin shoppe but I'm sure you can order it too. One scoop has 24 grams of protein, no sugar, no carbs, no fat. And most importantly it tastes great!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I use the Body Fortress vanilla whey protein, it tastes great to me mixed in skim milk. The only off thing is the slight grittiness as I can never get it to fully mix that well, but other than that I love the taste and actually look forward to it after my workout lol.
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    Greek yogurt is great too it should have about 24g of protein. I also like the egg white protein powder.