39 and looking for friends around my age!!

Options
13»

Replies

• theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    37 here 38 in Sept always happy to have friends
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    39 next Monday... this is my year!!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Here's the misconception...motivation is not what keeps you moving towards your goals, and no one else can truly motivate you other than YOU. Determination, persistence, these are the things that keep you moving forward and making progress.

I am DETERMINED NOT to grow old gracefully, I will fight it kicking and screaming all the way.

I PERSIST because I like having all this energy, because I spent money on these Spartan Races and have no desire to race and look like a fool.

I MOTIVATE MYSELF. No one can get me in the gym but me. No one feeds my face but ME. Good luck to you. Feel free to add me if you prefer friends who don't hold your hand, coddle you, or tolerate excuses.
  • thedodgeruk
    thedodgeruk Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    hi , im 40. and started properly this week, as i have a bet with some mates about doing tough mudder, so i need to get in shape no matter what .

add me
  • kismea
    kismea Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just turned 39 a few days ago - was doing weight watchers but as of today have decided to try mfp because it is free ;) Would love more accountability and friends. Add me if you like :D My weight goal is a bit loose right now but I would like to hit 180 lbs. (( I have a ways to go ;))
  • GoRillaGo
    Options
    I like this idea... I'm 38, turning 39 this spring and 40 looming is definitely a motivator to get a handle on my health and vitality... Feels like the lifespan half-way point in many ways... I'm only weighing on the 1st of the month cause I tend to stop trying so hard if I have a good week, and get discouraged if I have a bad week... I'd be up for monthly health challenges for things like exercise, drinking water, staying with my calorie range...
  • francesmarieg
    francesmarieg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'M 28, BUT AM SUPER MOTIVATED AND COULD ALWAYS USE MORE FRIENDS AND INSPIRATION! : ) GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!
  • 39andfit2015
    Options
    Yay!!! So happy to have all these new friends and a great support system!! :) we got this. I just need to get to the gym today...lacking some Monday motivation. UGH. :\
  • dln1975
    dln1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 in just under two weeks (eek!) and have decided that this has got to be it. After all, no matter what we do that clock doesn't stop for anyone and it's what we do with that time that matters. I told myself when I turned 30 that I was not going to spend my 30s overweight and missing out on life. Well, guess what? I did. I can't change the past so I'm going to write a few new chapters for the beginning of my 40s (and for the rest of my life)!! I wish all of us the best of luck! Anyone can feel free to add me; it always helps to know you're not alone in this!

P.S. I hear ya on "Monday motivation." Not easy to come by is it?!? I have been off work for nearly a week and it's so hard to try to get back into the swing of things!!
  • AIR73
    AIR73 Posts: 11
    Options
    41 here, feel feed to add anyone, we can do it!
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    45 and like a bunch of different activities.. on weight training now!
  • IrishDawgg22
    IrishDawgg22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    46 with 47 just around the corner. I could use some friends around my age for tips and motivation.
  • isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Just turned 39. Still have 30 to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • JKillenberg
    JKillenberg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Turning 37 on the 10th of Jan! I am also trying to get back in shape. I have spent the last 10 years being overweight and unhealthy. Looking to loose 50 lbs. would love to be friends on MFP.

• steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    35 here, gym addict and lead an active lifestyle actually maintaining add me if you want a supportive friend with different goals who posts on their wall alot!! :p
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 in August. I have lost 100 pounds and I am determined to get the last few off before my birthday. Feel free to add me!
  • bleanbeef
    bleanbeef Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in that age bracket...Back it at again after some major slacking. I'm open to some new friendly motivators. Feel free to add me as well! :)
  • marvy1_nyc
    marvy1_nyc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    40 and a few months, just started MFP. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend, but bear with me as I am still learning the ropes of the community side of MFP. (I think I have the journaling okay!)