Jawbone up24 anyone???

Options
I have a jawbone up24 but no friends. Anybody have a jawbone? It's on Android if that matters.

Replies

• Belladonna999
    Belladonna999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got one! Still getting used to it, but I love the features so far :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have an Up. Actually bought it in August, but it had so many problems I stopped using it. Then I called tech support one last time and they said, hmm... it sounds like there's something wrong with the tracker and they sent me a replacement. Now it's working fantastically.

However, it's pretty much like MFP when it comes to logging workouts. Overly optimistic about how many calories I burn. I went back to logging my workouts on my HRM.

I use it for the steps and logging water. And I set it to let me know if I'm sitting still to long and to let me know it's time for bed. I ignore the sleep part because these things think you are sleeping if you are horizontal - they can't tell if you're really asleep, no matter what they say to you.

Oh, yeah. If you want to be Jawbone friends, send me your email addy or real name and I'll add you. I had a bunch of friends on my defective one, but didn't remember who they were to re-add them when I started again.
  • jayinvegas1979
    jayinvegas1979 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good tracker. I like it better than the Fitbit.
  • allnatural843
    allnatural843 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I forgot to put my information. My jawbone name is Mo Tis
  • sarahdmccallum
    sarahdmccallum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just got a jawbone and am a bit confused about the workouts being logged. I, for example, just did a 20 minute workout on my elliptical, which I logged of MPF, but it also took into account the steps that my tracker counted... any suggestions on how to lot it more accuratly?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I just got a jawbone and am a bit confused about the workouts being logged. I, for example, just did a 20 minute workout on my elliptical, which I logged of MPF, but it also took into account the steps that my tracker counted... any suggestions on how to lot it more accuratly?

Everybody's different, but here's what worked for me:

Connect your accounts: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/97

Do not log any step-based activity. Your UP is already tracking that for you.

Log non-step exercise (like biking or swimming) in UP—never MFP.

Log food & drink (including water) in MFP.

Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Set your activity level to sedentary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided & set your goal to .5 lb. per week for each 25 lbs. you need to lose.

Follow your MFP goal, eating back your UP adjustments. Your UP total burn is your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). If you eat less than TDEE, you will lose weight.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone and love it! I don't use the sleep function regularly, but I love that it vibrates to remind me when I am sitting for too long!
  • richlord
    richlord Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just bought my jawbone up24 today, early days but 12300 steps!
  • stamina5
    Options
    I just got one! Just got it today and still trying to figure it out.
  • savannahritchey
    savannahritchey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anybody want to add me as a team member my email is savannahritchey@gmail.com
  • savannahritchey
    savannahritchey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Or I can find you! Just post the email that your jawbone is registered to.
  • Bianca1972
    Bianca1972 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just picked mine up at lunch today and couldn't use it until dinner time.

Ive nevyhad a fitness tracker (other that the pedometer on my phone) before so I'm sure there will be a learning curve.
  • mbsa67
    mbsa67 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'd like to join a jawbone team, but I'm not sure how. I just got mine last week. My email is mbsa67@gmail.com. Thanks!
  • HelenO20
    HelenO20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Does anybody use this on their ankle?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Currently, my Jawbone is telling me I'm eating twice as much fiber as MFP reports. Do not know why.
  • allnatural843
    Options
    My app suddenly stopped working. It force closes when I click on Team so I can't add people and it won't show profiles. Such a drag. I hate this app. Starting to really hate this jawbone with all the bad experiences. :s
  • allnatural843
    Options
    HelenO20 wrote: »
    Does anybody use this on their ankle?

Never tired it on my ankle. Didn't know you could
  • LindaPhillipsUK
    LindaPhillipsUK Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've just bought a Jawbone and started again on MFP so it's onwards and upwards - I'm looking for people to add, I'm not very athletic at the moment as I've just been diagnosed with asthma but I'm taking small steps - Linda Phillips
  • armycreeden
    Options
    Yeah you can add me. I am currently trying to get into better shape myself
  • armycreeden
    Options
    You can look me up under Asam Creeden