Want to Lose 10 Pounds in May?

Options

Replies

• BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody!!

Let's get a good calorie burn in today and finish the day under our calorie goal.
    We can lose 10 pounds

My goal for today is to burn 1000 calories.

Have a great day!!!!!
  • bmw_bloch
    bmw_bloch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Without this challenge I would have just gone to sleep last night instead I went to the gym to keep up ! :happy:
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I am 5 lbs now from my monthly goal which is 210, so, I'm going to try to lose to 205 instead! Can I make it? Tune in, same time, same channel at the end of the month!
  • 1ArmyMom1
    1ArmyMom1 Posts: 94
    Options
    45 mins on the treadmill and under my calorie goal for the day... I really hope I pull off losing 10 lbs this month... and my doctor would be real happy too!! LOL!!!
    Thanks all for the challenge/motivation. :-)
  • serendipityrr
    serendipityrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 215.2
    Today I burned 510 calories doing P90X Legs and Back, and Ab Ripper X.

Feeling it in my abs....ouch!
  • littlered301
    littlered301 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes I want to lose 10 lbs in May, current weight 147. Be so nice to get in to the 130's, been this weight for about two months after losing 18 lbs since November. Let's go :) Thanks for the challenge.
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My goal EXACTLY!
    Lets do this together!!
  • spacegirlz
    spacegirlz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!! I started to trying to lose weight in febuary with a starting weight of 185 Ib but only joined fitnesspal a couple of days ago.
    sw: 185
    cw: 160
    gw: 120-125
  • candik
    candik Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!! I started to trying to lose weight in febuary with a starting weight of 185 Ib but only joined fitnesspal a couple of days ago.
    sw: 185
    cw: 160
    gw: 120-125

We have about the same cw, I have been fluctuating between 158 and 160, and would love to be at least 150 by the end of may!!!
    Just curious, what is your height??
  • BroDave
    Options
    Work hard today my friends try to get in a good calorie burn and resist any temptation to go over your calorie goal for today.

MFP's 5 week weight estimate, if I do what I did yesterday will be 228. I wonder how close to that I can come.
    I am thinking about starting a new challenge, "Hit your 5 week estimate" but not until we finish May's 10 pound challenge

Just curious what does you 5 week estimate say and does it motivate you or not?
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My 5 week esimate for today was 191.8, because I had a bad day, which depresses me! But if I have a good day (and do some exercises and meet my calorie target), then it says 185.2 generally, which is pretty exciting because that'll be 13lb dropped in May!
  • kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late, but I'm in! :D

SW: 193
    GW: 183
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Current SW is 171.6
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am a bridesmaid in a wedding June 11th. The other bridesmaids (and bride) all are size 6 and under. I know I can't get that low but I want to lose at least 10 pounds this month (safely of course). My starting weight is 194.
  • notarra
    notarra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose about 10 pounds for a wedding I'm in too! I've been at it for 2 weeks and have lost 0 pounds :( I'm so discouraged. Please help!
  • BroDave
    Options
    We need more information:
    How much do you weigh?
    How many calories you burn daily?
    How many calories you eat daily?

Could be just a matter of tweaking one of these. Don't get discouraged read some of the post on MFP about weigh loss.
  • BarnAvVårTid
    Options
    I'm in!

I weight 137 pounds. I'm not sure of how much I burn daily and it's hard counting calories because I'm still in school and get food there so I usually just try to go after hunger and try to exercise as often as I can make myself do it.

I need to lose 10 pounds to feel better about myself :)
  • serendipityrr
    serendipityrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Today, I did Core Synergistics - P90X - and burned 552 cals.

Yay!
  • 1ArmyMom1
    1ArmyMom1 Posts: 94
    Options
    I always want my 5 week estimate to be lower than what it says... so yes, it motivates me... I know 1 - 2 lbs is the safe healthy way & I've done it before... but I want to look not so huge when I go on vacation the last week of July. I was only going to do 30 minutes on the treadmill last night by did 50 even though I wound up setting it a 45 minutes I was really into the last song that was playing on my ipod so I rounded off to 50. LOL!! I need to start throwing in some other forms of exercise I think though.
  • bmw_bloch
    bmw_bloch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I weight 137 pounds. I'm not sure of how much I burn daily and it's hard counting calories because I'm still in school and get food there so I usually just try to go after hunger and try to exercise as often as I can make myself do it.

I need to lose 10 pounds to feel better about myself :)

I'm currently on a bank's software project having to eat lunch on their campus. I choose food which I can easily find/track in the food database like pasta with tomato sauce, cooked or grilled fish with vegetable, fresh salad when I got to pick the dressing ... never take any desert, never take any Starbucks type of drinks ...

However make sure you eat enough. This afternoon being hungry I got a little agressiv/moody.