Morbidly Obese...yikes.

Options

Replies

• aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I started out at 325....I am now 162...you can do this!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    zipa78 wrote: »
    There's certainly no need to be intimidated by weight lifting. Everyone was a beginner at some point, except the ones who never started at all.

THIS!

But treat yourself to a trainer at first so you develop good form and habits. I love weight lifting. And I run now. How the heck did THAT happen? I used to say I would only run when being chased ... :smiley:

I was about 200, now am 120. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • TrixieJones88
    Options
    At 290 trying to lose 90 pounds I'm in for the long haul.. I've lost 21 so far, I'll join and support on your journey. Great job so far!!
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You are on a great trajectory - you'll have lots more of those pounds off this year! You are welcome to add me if you like.

20757594.png
  • wmpottsjr
    wmpottsjr Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I was 342 lbs on Sept. 8, 2014, went in the hospital a few days for it and now I'm 264 lbs. No surgery!
  • SeeNicholeShrink
    SeeNicholeShrink Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support and encouragement everyone. I have added you guys! You are right about the weight lifting the only mistake is not trying. I will do some research and start with tomorrows work out.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm always looking for more friends! I started out at 282+ last May and am now at 237. My goal is to reach Onederland this year. I'm very active on MFP.
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I know how you feel and I definitely empathize with the urge to be hard on yourself. We have to learn to love ourselves more! I'm currently at my highest at 436(really horrifying for me to admit this,) and am going to be setting shorter, smaller goals for myself because the entire number is honestly terrifying for me to look at. I'm in it for the long haul this time and looking for people to connect with so I can have some accountability - something I've never done before because I am often so ashamed. Please feel free to add me.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    There's certainly no need to be intimidated by weight lifting. Everyone was a beginner at some point, except the ones who never started at all.
    This.

I started lifting at age 40... It has done wonders for me.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Hello! I know how you feel. Add me if you like. I was at my highest at 225 and went down to 187 until last Summer where I gain again. Now I started back here and working hard to stay on track! Good luck. Glad you are here.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    This.

I started lifting at age 40... It has done wonders for me.
    Oh and I went from 235 to 188 so far...I am 5'11"

Some pics from this month are in my blog if you want to look.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Cranquistador
  • Bchlvr64
    Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I started at 331 lbs and I'm now 225. Would love to support each other!
  • 1triciakae
    1triciakae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am 28 years old. As of 4 weeks ago I weighed 314 I started in October at 327. I am just starting. I am doing leslie sansones videos and I love them. I am not sure how much weight I have lost this month because I don't like the scale but my pants don't fit so that's a good sign. Add me and we can work on this as a team.
  • knkirk09
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too!
  • SeeNicholeShrink
    Options
    Wow thank you all so much for the support. Added!
  • Schadenfreude26
    Options
    I'm new and looking for friends as well! I started losing last year and then fell off the wagon over the summer months. Anyone can add me!
  • Noreen2014
    Noreen2014 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
  • Noreen2014
    Noreen2014 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know what happened to my post lol
    I am currently 265 and my goal weight is 145
    I always looked at the big picture of losing weight and never succeeded- 20+ years over weight- it scares me. But I have been given an opportunity to fulfill a dream I always had and losing my weight will help in my process of getting back to who I really am
  • wmpottsjr
    wmpottsjr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I used to be a handsome man, but since I gained so much weight, I don't let anyone take my picture. I am so embarrassed. You know the old adage that "all fat people look alike." I had to go to my sons wedding and of course many pictures were taken of me. None were very flattering. Well there isn't a better motivator than seeing your fat picture. You're three times the size as everybody else and all your facial features are gone. Have someone take your picture and put it where you see it a lot.

Well I lost another pound today and feeling pretty good about that.
  • SeeNicholeShrink
    Options
    I am the same way about pictures. I hate them. I dread them. I want to change that!