nsv mcdonalds

Options
kiwi_gros
kiwi_gros Posts: 30 Member
So i had a mcdouble for the first time since starting to lose weight again (my father brought it to me) i ate it but something amazing happened. It made me feel gross! I know it sounds weird but because i used to love it it was hard for me to give up but now with feeling disgusting i don't have to worry about breaking for mcdonalds lol

Replies

• MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Those taste buds they are a'changing :smiley:
  • jpburcham
    jpburcham Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Not uncommon . . . and now you know!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Happens to me almost every time I eat crappy food ... my vice used to be Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburgers. I ate one last summer on a road trip and BOY did I regret it.
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm Mcdoubles are delicious! :)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I like McDoubles, too. More for me!

But seriously, I noticed most things I used to eat by the truckload are no longer as delicious. Or, if I desire those things, I need far less of them to satisfy my tastes. Like the 2 pieces of cheesy bread I have waiting for me for a snack. I used to eat the whole 8 piece order (PLUS pizza). Nope, don't need or want that much any more (indigestion, no thank you).

And logging them shows me I can fit modest portion of the fun stuff once in a while. No regrets or guilt!
  • cranden
    cranden Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about pop! I had one the other day and it was gross! I was addicted!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Just the smell of that place honestly turns my stomach. I haven't eaten there since I was a kid. :p
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Typically when we go highway driving around supper, McDonalds is the stop before leaving. We were traveling for new years eve - and OMG. I ordered 2 mcdoubles, small fries. I could hardly touch the fries (they seem so salty since I have stopped having mcd's on a weekly basis) and I could barely get down 1 of the burgers.

It was a rough drive afterwards.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    :( I like mcdonald's
  • pickledeggy
    pickledeggy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My local McDonald's is. 35 minute walk away and I only walk that way if I'm walking into and around town for shopping. Walking there, around town and back takes normally 3 hours so I get a good burn and don't feel so guilty if I have a mcd's :-)
  • bbateman123
    bbateman123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I can happily say that I have not eaten anything from mcdonalds for almost 3 years!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well done! In the long run you'll be so glad your tastes changed.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I guess? I personally see eating all the foods I enjoy as a victory, rather than eliminating things for arbitrary reasons.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I go to Mcdonalds for their coffee. If I have anything else it's a late-night drunk run, and that doesn't happen very often.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »
    Congrats, I guess? I personally see eating all the foods I enjoy as a victory, rather than eliminating things for arbitrary reasons.

Where did she say she eliminated foods "for arbitrary reasons"?
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I think you should eat the food you enjoy in suitable proportion to your goals.

If you no longer like or enjoy McDonalds then more power to your arm. There's no law to say you have to like it or eat there. Well, until the Government pass "thou must eatest at McDonalds on pain of death" legislation. Damn guvernment. *shakes fist*
  • AbbieBeckett
    AbbieBeckett Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever eat mcdonalds (having my first one in months tonight) and I'm super looking forward to it. I do tend to love salty food though, so maybe that's why! :p I don't think I could ever feel disgusting after eating any kind of food (I LOVE FOOD) but it's great for you because now at least the temptation is gone :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I hardly ever eat mcdonalds (having my first one in months tonight) and I'm super looking forward to it. I do tend to love salty food though, so maybe that's why! :p I don't think I could ever feel disgusting after eating any kind of food (I LOVE FOOD) but it's great for you because now at least the temptation is gone :)

Tell us how you enjoy it. You might be surprised. :smile:
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the burgers. It's the salty taste that gets me, but the fattiness to a certain extent too. I LOVE their wraps however. And their salads. And their egg mcmuffins (although I usually ask them to replace the ham with tomato). I go to McDonalds lots still.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I have experienced this same thing with many, many foods I used to be able to eat a lot of. Good for you that your tastes are changing! I always like when I have these kinds of nsvs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!