Weight Loss: What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• takumar
    takumar Posts: 42
    Options
    Two cups of black coffee, no sugar. Two slices of multi-grain toast w/ marmalade. Two glasses of water then off to the gym. I work better on a light belly in the morning.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Baked oatmeal. Filling (at least I find it filling) and very versatile with what you can put in it.
  • jlmatthew71
    jlmatthew71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    3 Egglands Best XL eggs sunnyside up and 2 tbs of Costco medium salsa. 320 calories
  • hawks2488
    hawks2488 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Today I had a banana and a bowl of Rice Krispies. 310 calories.
  • Spocky
    Spocky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Morning protein shake which has a lot of coffein or fried egg with a little piece of cheese and half a slice of bread.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i love seeds, nuts & berries. if i put that with a cup of whole milk, i'm around your 500 range. :smile:
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    hawks2488 wrote: »
    Today I had a banana and a bowl of Rice Krispies. 310 calories.

that sounds so good. i haven't had rice krispies in such a long time! :smile:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My breakfasts are usually around 180-250 cal and keep me full 'til lunch, so I suppose one could double or triple that for your desired calorie level. I do think for the number of calories they are very filling and seem like quite a nice amount of food...for example, I could have a snack/granola bar of some kind for the same calories and it would feel like less food to me.

Typical weekday breakfasts (along w/ cup of coffee):
    oatmeal with sliced 1/2 banana & coconut flakes
    egg taco - SMALL flour or corn tortilla with a fried egg, with or without veggies (spinach & onion) and sometimes black beans, topped with salsa or a tiny bit of chipotle dressing
    1-egg omelet with feta & spinach
    1-egg omelet with cheddar & onion
    1-egg omelet with cabbage, green onion & Sriracha
    toast with jam or PB and a boiled egg
    "coffee cup muffin" made with 1/4 c oats, handful of blueberries or other fruit (chopped), 1 egg, tsp brown sugar, vanilla & cinnamon. Sometimes w/ SF syrup and/or nuts.
    sandwich skinny with a cooked egg & vegetarian sausage
    My version of fridge oats - 1/3 c fresh or frozen fruit, 1/8 c quick oats, 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt, sprinkling of ground flaxseed and/or a small amount of nuts...refrigerated overnight, then mix & eat. I don't care for the versions with more oats and more liquid added, however.

Typical weekend breakfasts are usually more like 300-400 cal...
    French toast (just wheat bread, egg, almond milk, cinnamon & vanilla). Topped with fruit.
    Vegan pumpkin pancakes (I'm not vegan, my husband just likes the recipe so he makes it a lot)
    Crepes with Nutella & sliced banana
    Cranberry pancakes made w/ wheat flour and whole cranberries, SF syrup
    2-egg omelet with any ingredients we have on hand, and maybe a slice of toast
    Grilled sandwich with egg, avocado & maybe veggie bacon
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Most mornings I drink large smoothies made with fruit, leafy greens, milk, ice, and sometimes protein powder. I generally accompany my smoothie with two scrambled eggs. This ends up being around 500 calories.

On weekends, I like to make breakfast burritos or breakfast tacos. Potatoes O'Brien (diced potato, bell pepper, and onion) and/or the "Fiesta Mix" you can find frozen in most grocery stores (corn, peppers, onions, black beans) are handy for throwing in with eggs, bacon or ham, and cheese. If you can find a good hearty sprouted grain tortilla, I recommend that as well.

I like a big breakfast, then I sort of graze on 200 calorie nibbles the rest of the day... so my day is usually front-loaded with calories.
  • sonnyOclock
    Options
    coffee
    oatmeal/creamofwheat/barley topped with whatever frozen fruit is on sale
  • ancurtis
    ancurtis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I prepare muffin tin eggs on Sundays for the week to come. Whisk eggs along with whatever cheese/meat/veggies/spices you'd like. Pour in muffin pans and bake. Super easy, way good, and portable for an on the go breakfast or lunch if needed. Depending on your cheese/meat each 'muffin' could average 200-250 calories. Add toast or oats and you're good to go!
  • Slythiechick
    Slythiechick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lately I've been having two pieces of Wasa Sesame crispbread with two wedges of Laughing Cow light swiss cheese, and lots of fresh fruit. I'm not a big egg person, but I'm thinking of adding a hard boiled egg to it too, for some added protein. I've been having a coffee with it as well, but only until I break my energy drink/soda habit, then I'll switch to tea, then to smoothies/water.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I alternate between the following:
    • Oatmeal with flaxseed and cinnamon
    • 2 egg broccoli omelette, 2-3 slices of bacon, with english muffin
    • 2 scrambled eggs, sausage, with homemade muffin
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of eggs, pancakes, and bacon!
    Two big pancakes, two slices of bacon, and two scrambled eggs can fill you up easily for under 500 calories.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Little Joe's special, Google recipe. It is my favorite breakfast.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I cooked yesterday or the day before. This morning was four ounces of chicken warmed up in the microwave and some frozen blueberries that I had moved to the fridge the night before so that they would be defrosted: 270 calories.
    You can add some pasta or rice from the fridge for another 250 calories. Or some bread with mayo for the chicken.
  • DottyBearP
    DottyBearP Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have 50g seeded porridge made with half water half skimmed milk with a date, a glass of water with lime and a black coffee.

Keeps me full until lunch
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    2 bacon strips and a fried egg between a oopsie roll and a cup of starbucks coffee w/ 2 tsp of HWC and Davinci SF.
  • Franklin42
    Options
    1 cup oatmeal, 1 TBS chunky peanut butter, 1 TBS diced walnuts, 1 TBS unsalted sunflower seeds, 1 TBS flaked coconut, 1 Tsp sugar & 1/2 cup 2% milk - 499 calories.
  • carolinaem
    carolinaem Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal (1/2 cup), 1/2 cup of milk (skim or 1%), 2 TBS peanut butter, and one small banana mixed in. Super filling and pretty much spot on 500 calories (depending on banana and milk type).