Newbie Gains & Losses

Options
fizzleh
fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there, used to be 20+ stone, 44+inch waist several years ago. I almost reached my goal weight last year but have since fallen off track. I am currently lacking motivation and putting weight back on. Nothing I used the first time is working on me this time. The first time I did nothing but cardio but now I want to do weights as I see it as my only option left. Thanks

Replies

• cdorsey7194
    cdorsey7194 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am experiencing the same thing. I had lost 50 pounds about 10 years ago and slowly but surely it has crept back on. I have no motivation. It was so easy to lose it the first time. I try and walk 2 miles a day and have started Zumba. The first week I weighed and hadn't lost I just gave up. I know I must keep going, but how do you get that motivation back?
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am experiencing the same thing. I had lost 50 pounds about 10 years ago and slowly but surely it has crept back on. I have no motivation. It was so easy to lose it the first time. I try and walk 2 miles a day and have started Zumba. The first week I weighed and hadn't lost I just gave up. I know I must keep going, but how do you get that motivation back?

You never loose weight in your first weeks/month as you're building muscle which weighs more than fat. Its better to get a fat % carried out which will more accurately tell you how much fat you've lost.

I've figured that motivation isn't lost and found, its built from within. The more you loose and better you feel, the more motivated you will be to loose more.

I need to start remembering the lessons I learnt before when I lost weight the first time.

To successfully loose weight, your why will drive you to do it. Without a good enough reason, all you have is hollow drive. Your why will be there when you're low on motivation.