Are there foods you wish you could eat or liked but can't/don't?

Options
Two things I wish I liked but just cannot stand (because the texture is NASTY to me) -- Oatmeal and Mushrooms. How about you? Are there foods you really wished you could eat (because you like the flavor or the nutritional benefits) but you cannot eat (because of allergies or other aversions)?

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I wish I could eat all types of seafood, but I am violently allergic to shrimp and shellfish. I also wish I could eat watermelon but it doesn't agree with me at all and causes hours-long tummy aches any time I eat it.
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I hear you about watermelon. I can't eat it or cucumbers -- the acidity doesn't agree with me.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked cilantro because people want to put it in everything these days and it just tastes super bad to me.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Beans. I know they are a great source of protein and fiber, but I just don't like the texture. Bleh. I do make chili with beans, but I try to make each spoonful have more meat and tomatoes than beans. I'm like a five-year-old.
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound weird, but I'm not really a fan of pizza (texture, etc.), and I wish I was. Why do I want to like it? Almost any time there's a free meal around here, it's pizza.
  • sweetbamaTLC
    sweetbamaTLC Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!!!!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal for me too. Or any hot porridge type cereal. The texture weirds me out.

I also wish I liked eggs more since we raise chickens. I do eat them, just not a lot.
  • sandrahover
    sandrahover Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I wish I liked cilantro because people want to put it in everything these days and it just tastes super bad to me.

ditto
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    lots of foods i wish i didnt like but not many that i dont.. lol
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes. I can't do it. I don't know why. Especially cooked pieces of tomato....oh no. The texture is just awful to me. I don't know why. I have to make my spagetti sauces with tomato sauce (no chunks) and tomato paste. Can't have chunks of tomato.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    It would be fish for me because I'm allergic. Awesome protein source that I can't have :(
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Glad I am not the only one who doesn't like the texture of oatmeal!
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Eggs. I think it's a texture thing for me. But I hate them hardboiled, hate them scrambled. If I add enough veggies and cheese to an omlette, I can get through it, but I will never think a plate of eggs sounds good.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    azwen wrote: »
    Beans. I know they are a great source of protein and fiber, but I just don't like the texture. Bleh. I do make chili with beans, but I try to make each spoonful have more meat and tomatoes than beans. I'm like a five-year-old.

We'll be 5 y/o together. I don't like a lot of beans (green beans and peanuts the exceptions) and I'm not mentally ready to try cooking them for myself.

I'd love to try poutine (fries, gravy, cheese curds), but I can't stand gravy.

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Quinoa.....yucky texture.Soggy cereal,shrimp,runny yolks.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oops, misread.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Kiwis. Hate that they make my throat itch and my stomach ache. Because they taste so damn good and look so heavenly delicious!

Tomatoes, I don't eat. Tomato paste or ketchup, no problemo. Some things I can eat fresh, but not boiled or canned, like mushrooms, corn, peas and asparagus.

Other than that, I'm satisfied with what I can eat, don't miss anything.
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    ryanhorn wrote: »
    This is going to sound weird, but I'm not really a fan of pizza (texture, etc.), and I wish I was. Why do I want to like it? Almost any time there's a free meal around here, it's pizza.

I wish I didn't like pizza so much lol
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Spinach for sure. I hate it. Will puke if I smell it. Dont even like raw. It has such great nutrition. ..Wish I could.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Oh yes. Cilantro has ruined a lot of Tex-Mex restaurants for me. The taste overpowers some really yummy dishes.