Are there foods you wish you could eat or liked but can't/don't?

Options

Replies

• beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I love hot sauces, spaghetti sauce etc but not tomatoes. I can't stand stevia, so I won't eat foods with that as a sweetener. I could probably break the internet by listing foods I think are gross.
  • bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have so many allergies, it really sucks. I'm allergic to shellfish, squid, octopus, wheat, eggs, and grape juice (concord grapes to be exact). The terrible part is I truly like ALL foods! Except turnip. I could take or leave that one! Lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am not that picky, really...I like almost everything named here. The stuff I don't like, I'm kind of glad I don't.

Sometimes I wish I was a bigger fan of salad. I'm just not. I eat it, but I prefer other things. Actually though being on MFP and eating differently and learning more ways to prepare vegetables, I feel less "salad guilt" anyway so it's not a big deal. Also I'm cheap and can almost NEVER bring myself to order any type of salad in a restaurant...it just seems insane to me to pay several dollars for lettuce and a sprinkling of other ingredients that most places call their "side salad". No.

Mostly I wish that I didn't have a sweet tooth. That would cut down SO much on temptations for me.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Bananas...I hate the way the are mushy feeling to me. Strange because I like other mushy foods but bananas are just gross to me and make me gag. Sad because they are common at every race.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal (makes me gag), Most fish, Quinoa (weird texture), Spinach (i'll only eat it in dip), Brussels Sprouts (disugsting)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Seafood and Melons. Of which just smelling any of either of those makes me want to hurl :(
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Shellfish! Also, steaks!
  • Raykels
    Raykels Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Two things I wish I liked but just cannot stand (because the texture is NASTY to me) -- Oatmeal and Mushrooms. How about you? Are there foods you really wished you could eat (because you like the flavor or the nutritional benefits) but you cannot eat (because of allergies or other aversions)?

They were the two I was going to say!

• yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Kiwis. Hate that they make my throat itch and my stomach ache. Because they taste so damn good and look so heavenly delicious!

Tomatoes, I don't eat. Tomato paste or ketchup, no problemo. Some things I can eat fresh, but not boiled or canned, like mushrooms, corn, peas and asparagus.

Other than that, I'm satisfied with what I can eat, don't miss anything.

Yay! I'm not alone on the tomato thing! Oh and I also don't like runny yolks....yuck!!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Yogurt. Especially greek for the protein factor.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Oh I wish I could eat pomegranates, they're so delicious!! But I'm allergic to them... :disappointed:

I also wish I could like hot oatmeal, for these cold days to eat something warm... but I hate the texture. But I love eating oatmeal like cold cereal tho... I know, weird. :smiley:
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked oatmeal. And Greek yogurt.
  • Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked oatmeal and eggs =( rules out 70% of most breakfast options.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Oatmeal, simply because of the texture.
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I really want to like celery and cucumbers but I'm just not a fan of the taste. ESPECIALLY celery. I will eat cucumber in sushi rolls but I'd prefer not to.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I really wish I liked liver, excellent and cheap source of protein and vitamins.

Can sort of deal with beef or pork liver, but I don't buy/cook it myself and chicken liver is among the few things I won't even eat out of politeness.
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Eggs. So versatile and relatively cheap, but I just don't like them.
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I posted this same question on my FB page and surprised at how many people there also responded bananas! I also know several folks who can't stand tomatoes. Love all these answers -- thanks for participating in my little poll.
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    And three cheers for all the oatmeal haters out there!!