Need friends (how's that for sounding desperate?)

Options
I've struggled with trying to lose weight the last few years on my own. So I'm looking for friends to help encourage, commiserate, etc.!! Let's do this together!

Replies

• D0Work
    D0Work Posts: 3
    Options
    It is hard! It's even harder to keep it off! this app helps alot
    Good luck
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I'm very good at commiserating...my "encouraging" could use some work, but it's getting better. Kudos for being here and being ready and willing. :smile: Good luck...to all of us!
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend :-) I have been posting very regularly and try my best to be encouraging.
  • CatDeeDeeDee
    CatDeeDeeDee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'll also be your friend! I post daily and will encourage you the best that I can! *waves pompoms*
  • Danimalrunsagain
    Danimalrunsagain Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    We're all desperate for something. Right now I'd kill for a double whopper but I'm more desperate to get back below 200 and run a half marathon in less than two hours. Add me and we can aid each others desperation.
  • lindamac8
    lindamac8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Adding you guys now. Good luck to us all!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Best way to get friends here? Read through blogs and forum posts. Find people that seem to be interested in things you are, same mind set, something in common, something you admire....send them a friend request and a message explaining your interest! Also, below is a link to all the 2015 mentors.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10035755/2015-adopt-a-noob-official-mfp-thread/p1
  • DevWall44
    DevWall44 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I could use some friends also :) Add me as well :)
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also looking for some friends! :) Feel free to add me. Definitely have been doing a lot better with people who are encouraging and on the same journey!! Good luck!
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm active and would love more MFP friends on this weight loss journey. Feel free to add me!
  • Deya1286
    Deya1286 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too :) feel free to add. Desperately need to get back on the wagon this year!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    If you want friends, read the boards and friend like-minded people! Why do you expect others to do all the work for you?

Gosh I hate newbies sometimes !!!!
  • clarabell86
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same boat as you so feel free to add me too :)
  • Stitch_down_carbs
    Stitch_down_carbs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    not desperate at all, its better to have people on here =]
  • amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've been posting regularly, and wouldn't mind more MFP friends, don't be shy to add me, the more motivation, the more we get up and move!! This app has been really good to me so far! I want to keep it up!
    Good luck!
  • Fit4My3Boys
    Options
    :) Hi There...I am looking for mommy friends as well. My diary is open and I will be on daily. Feel free to add me.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    I've been using this site again but I tend to joke around a lot too. You're free to add me, but I have a twisted sense of humor >:)
  • veggiebuckeye
    veggiebuckeye Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sure I'll be your friend.
  • FitnessPhanatic
    FitnessPhanatic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!! I have been using my fitness pal for quite some time off and on. I am determined to keep up with it this time. I run, take kickboxing, take TRX classes and lift weights. I know that will all that I do I am not taking in enough calories. I am a mother and a HIIT fitness instructor. I just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know I am here for encouragement and want us all to reach our fitness goals!! I have also started a Facebook page called Fitness Maniacs...lmk if you would like to be added!!
  • patrickvillagrana
    Options
    Awesome app! Lost 12lbd