Options
13»

Replies

• sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack - does anyone have solutions for swimming with highlighted hair? I know to wet it with unchlorinated water first, so there's less room for chlorine, and I wear a cap. Looking into chlorine removal shampoo. Anything else to think about?

Wet your hair and put (any) conditioner on it before putting on your swim cap.

I wash my hair 5 times a week after swimming I use L'Oreil kids chlorine removing shampoo, it's cheap (around $3) and gentle. Triswim makes a good chlorine removing bodywash, I can tell if I miss the smallest place on my arm because I can smell the chlorine in just that spot.
  • VEelliott
    VEelliott Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I use Session Series by Tigi. I spray it on lifting my hair to spray at the scalp and brush through. I let it set while I do my makeup then I use my blowdryer (even though my hair is dry) and style.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I guess im a little extreme with this. I just rinse with water and use conditioner to get rid of tangles. Some days i cover my head and don't get my hair wet at all when i shower. If for some reason i use a ton of styling products, then i will shampoo.

I have very coarse and curly hair. I also have really bad dry scalp and shampoo makes it worse. The only way i can straiten my hair is to not wash it and brush as much of my scalp oils through my hair as possible to get it to smooth out.

I was in a hippie phase for a while and i cleaned my scalp with baking soda. Massage it into the scalp, flip head over and shake as much out as you can and then brush thoroughly to get the rest out. The longest i ever went without a wet shampoo is 3 months and there were no complaints from anyone. My BF sleeps right up against me and he was never bothered.

I can make manic panic last for months instead of a week.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Those of you with dark hair - what type of dry shampoo do you use? I have been using batiste for dark hair (its tinted). It works well, but smells like grandma perfume.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I would love to hop on this bandwagon but I just can't do it! I sweat a ton, and the dry shampoo made my hair sticky and gross and it didn't feel clean at all. I'm a daily washer...shame, shame...

Same here. My hair is stick straight and very fine, it's impossible to style with dry shampoo. And since my hair and face are naturally oily, my hair looks absolutely disgusting if I don't wash it daily.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    There is a store called Lush and their dry shampoo is AMAZING!!!!! I have colors in my hair and kinda like the first reply, I try to go 2 days if I can and just use the dry shampoo. Plus, it smells SO GOOD! I swear by this stuff! Here is a link to it.
    http://www.lushusa.com/No-Drought/9999903589,en_US,pd.html#start=4
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    CM9178 wrote: »
    I've found that baby powder works just as well as dry shampoo. Don't put too much, and if you end up with white streaks, just work it through with your hands a bit until it blends in.

I really don't see that working at all on darker hair like hers, she'd look like George Washington with all the white residue left over.

I have dark hair too. I don't use that much. Just put a little on my hands and then rub it in really well. The sprays will leave white residue on my hair too if I don't rub it in. And baby powder is cheaper.
  • WandaMM1
    WandaMM1 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have megga curly hair so shampooing everyday is a BIG NO NO, but I tend to look Chia Petish if I don't shower after I workout.

I have also used a Chia Pet to describe my hair. Super funny.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I try and wash mine every 2-3 days because it's coloured and heat styled a lot so I don't want to frazzle it any more! If it's been washed 24-36 hours ago and I don't want to wash it again, I wait for it to dry (I'm not the world's sweatiest person so it's usually just along the hairline) or blow dry my fringe back into shape, and use dry shampoo to perk it up. I like the tropical scent Batiste. I sometimes use a headband to keep it off my forehead and neck which helps a lot.

To be honest, because I'm lazy about washing/drying/styling my hair, very often I'll try and schedule runs/workouts to minimise necessary grooming - so if possible like tonight, I'll gone for a run after work with my hair tied up and I'll go to the gym tomorrow morning before work, meaning I only need to wash it once for two workouts without worrying about flat/stinky hair.

The joys of being a (vain) woman.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just rinse with warm water and other times conditioner. But yeah, I sweat enough to wash my hair every single time I exercise, and I'm in the gym 5 or 6 days a week. Sometimes I take morning and night classes, too.