Graze Healthy Snacks?

Hi, I have noticed the one area that is my downfall is 'healthy snacking' my friend recommended the snacks from Graze.com but until you get your delivery you don't see the nutrional information. The literature on the website looks good no artifical ingredients and they stick a 80/20 rule ie 20% treat 80% healthy ingredients, and their 'help you lose weight' section certainly seems to make sense but I'm curious - does anyone purchase these snacks and do you recommend them?

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Wish I knew and wish I could buy them!!!! I heard they are great!
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    I've been getting boxes from Graze for well over a year. Apparently if you e-mail them and ask for the nutritional info then they will give it to you.
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Hi, I have noticed the one area that is my downfall is 'healthy snacking' my friend recommended the snacks from Graze.com but until you get your delivery you don't see the nutrional information. The literature on the website looks good no artifical ingredients and they stick a 80/20 rule ie 20% treat 80% healthy ingredients, and their 'help you lose weight' section certainly seems to make sense but I'm curious - does anyone purchase these snacks and do you recommend them?

I rely on Graze boxes to get me through the working week without pigging out on the biscuits! I love getting them, and the card inside the box gives you the nutritional info that you need. I use the treats for days i'll be doing the most exercise and leave the ones with fewer calories for my days off exercise. I have managed to sign up 5 of my workmates to Graze now, and i've been stockpiling the vouchers and i'll be putting them in peoples Christmas cards this year! It means they get a free box and the next half price! It's up to them what they do with it after but I bet they keep it up. I :heart: GRAZE x
  • Kipper66
    Kipper66 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi, I use Graze also, here's the link to their site where you can sign up and get your first box half price.

http://www.graze.com/

Hope you enjoy them :)
  • Hi All, thanks for your responses I'll give it a go and see how I get on - anythings got to better than crisps and chocolate I guess!!
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    I LOVE Graze I've been getting from them for years now. I like using the fruit/nut/seed mixes on my porridge for breakfast and I keep the other snacks for days like today when I'm under calories and fancy something like a few nuts. I also bring them out with me when I'm out walking for my friend and I. Try it - you'll love it!
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    I just signed up today and anxiously awaiting my first delivery. :smile:
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    edited January 2015
    I personally didn't like them. In my opinion, most of the snacks tasted the same as far as seasoning. And the ones I tried had a weird aftertaste. I thought they were expensive for the amount. Just my own opinion though.

I've seen several threads related to the Graze boxes. You may could search for it and find more opinions.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    emmag25 wrote: »

i am hooked on graze; we have them delivered every week! my hubby takes 2, i take 1 and our son takes the 4th. we LOVE them! OMG! esp the flapjacks. those are my hubby's fav. i recommend them for sure!

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    I personally didn't like them. In my opinion, most of the snacks tasted the same as far as seasoning. And the ones I tried had a weird aftertaste. I thought they were expensive for the amount. Just my own opinion though.

I've seen several threads related to the Graze boxes. You may could search for it and find more opinions.

Agreed. My husband and I just laughed and laughed at the small portions for the price, then we ate 4 snacks between the two of us as part of our dinner. Did not do that again. A lot of people love it though...

• La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    edited January 2015

Agreed. My husband and I just laughed and laughed at the small portions for the price, then we ate 4 snacks between the two of us as part of our dinner. Did not do that again. A lot of people love it though...

i also have them delivered to my husband's office so he has something to eat for a snack during the week. he eats one per day before hitting the gym. they are definitely a convenience food, but the alternative for him was going to get M'n'M's from the vending machine. they are a snack for sure, not meant for big appetites.

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    I love Graze because it controls portion size - especially for things like nuts. If you give me a full container of nuts, I can eat half of it without realizing it. I have it sent to work because I don't have a food scale here and it's convenient.

Sometimes, I throw a punnet of dried fruit/nut mixture in my greek yogurt. Easy, good macros...great snack!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    I get the boxes and I really like the surprise factor. You can pare down your choices before they even assemble your first box, so you're not getting stuff you wouldn't want. (I'm looking at you, popcorn) That said, not everything has been a winner, but you just go on the website and click that box that says "don't send again".

If anyone wants to try a free box, you can use my code: JXQ6HTFXE
  • madeleineld
    madeleineld Posts: 75 Member
    I know they have a special setting (or did) where you can specifically request snacks under a certain amount of calories, although that won't help if you're interested in macros, etc.

Also--if anyone is interested in trying it out, I have a coupon for you to get your first and fifth box free--so if you aren't sure, use it for box #1 and see what you think. The coupon code is MADELE3CB.

I get the boxes sometimes, like some of them, don't like some of them. It can be nice to have a snack in the office. Agreed with PRMinx--helps with portion control and can be a great yogurt or salad mix in. I like the excitement of a surprise treat in the mail but if that doesn't sound interesting to you and you're good about packaging your own snacks, I probably wouldn't bother.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited January 2015

i also have them delivered to my husband's office so he has something to eat for a snack during the week. he eats one per day before hitting the gym. they are definitely a convenience food, but the alternative for him was going to get M'n'M's from the vending machine. they are a snack for sure, not meant for big appetites.

yeah, I think for six dollars I just expected more. Like for each of the little snacks to be at least enough for twice. I am overly focused on price per serving, though, I'm sure it's fine for the average person who doesn't mind spending a bit on snacks. I'd rather save my money though or buy something fun like a trip or cute boots LOL

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member

yeah, I think for six dollars I just expected more. Like for each of the little snacks to be at least enough for twice. I am overly focused on price per serving, though, I'm sure it's fine for the average person who doesn't mind spending a bit on snacks. I'd rather save my money though or buy something fun like a trip or cute boots LOL

Do you really think that for the amount of variety you get with a Graze box every other week (and I don't eat them every day), that you are saving enough for a trip? I don't think so. Four snacks in a vending machine would be $4. Bulk, maybe $1-2, but now you have the variety issue.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    I started back in November and love them so far! All you have to do to view the full nutrition information is to click on the item and then click on Nutrition Facts in the top left hand corner. All the information is available before you buy. And, like one other poster mentioned, you can get a lighter calorie box but I prefer to get the main box and portion out. The 3 seed protein flapjacks are to die for!!!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Honestly I've been doing one box a month for like a year now and finally cancelled. It's 4 tiny snacks for $6. They did taste good and they were healthy but they were tiny
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    PRMinx wrote: »

Do you really think that for the amount of variety you get with a Graze box every other week (and I don't eat them every day), that you are saving enough for a trip? I don't think so. Four snacks in a vending machine would be $4. Bulk, maybe $1-2, but now you have the variety issue.

I agree! The variety is what makes it fun. I could buy $6 worth of snacks at Sam's and get a ton but I'd get sick of it. And it's not that much money if you don't snack much.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited January 2015
    I get them only when I'm home from uni or on special occasions - not worth the price to get them all the time, but I do still love Graze. I got one on my birthday in October, when I came home in December and I'll get another before I leave again on the 19th, but I'm unlikely to get another after that until I'm back again in late April. I don't know if the US Graze has them, but I love the beef and pork jerky from Graze that I can get here. It really helps me hit my protein plus it's delicious. I love their popcorn and flapjacks as well.