1200 too low

Options
Help I'm on 1200 on workout days eat some calories back I'm just under 5 foot 149 kg want to loose couple pound I gained over holliday's I do kettlebells 3-4 times a week am I eating to low of too much eating calories back like today 400 calories in workout burned so I ate 1500 calories today

Replies

• Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    What's your question, sorry?
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    If you don't have much to lose, I'm wondering why your calorie level is 1200. Do you have it set to more than 1 pound per week?
  • debbieedson
    debbieedson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's what my fitness app has set me 1 lb1its set
  • debbieedson
    Options
    Sorry my question is am I eating too low calories and should I eat back calories burnt off some of them
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    #1 if you are planning to eat 1,200 calories (net) you are fine
    #2 I'm 5'2" & lose steadily on 1,500 calories (plus eating a portion of exercise calories back) could probably eat a few more & I do when I feel like it
    #3 if you only eat 1,200 calories on workout days what do you eat on days you don't work out?

I tried the 1,200 calorie diet for a while. It was not sustainable & now I see totally unnecessary.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Simple answer: 1200 should be your NET calories... Meaning that should be the minimum you should ingest. In other words... If you workout and burn 400 calories, you should eat roughly 1600 calories to make sure you make the 1200 net goal.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Eat your Calories earned through exercise. Do so for 4 weeks. Since you are trying to lose 1 lb per week, see if you've lost 4 lbs. If so, keep on doing what you're doing. If you've lost more than 4 lbs, then you know you can eat a little more*. If you've lost less than 4 lbs, then try eating half of the Calories earned through exercise.

Really, it's trial and error and adjusting as necessary.

* There's a good chance you'll lose more than 4 lbs, as you'll probably lose water weight in the beginning. As such, going another few weeks this way, and seeing if your weight loss steadies to what's expected may be a better idea than going up in Calories after the first 4 weeks. Again, you'll have to see what works best for you.
  • debbieedson
    Options
    Thanks for answering evryone yes I'm on 1200 that what I eat on rest days and on workouts 1500 or little over but I do intense workouts I will be upping my calories in 2 week has I carnt go lower then 47 kg I just wanted to eat fresh get back in my routine and calories I eat back are by fruit and cereal fruit and fiber so not eating bad
  • debbieedson
    Options
    I do workouts has been doing kettlebell s for about 3 year it's changed my body shape and helped me be healthier I used to weigh 12 Stone 8
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Help I'm on 1200 on workout days eat some calories back I'm just under 5 foot 149 kg want to loose couple pound I gained over holliday's I do kettlebells 3-4 times a week am I eating to low of too much eating calories back like today 400 calories in workout burned so I ate 1500 calories today

This is a typo right? That's just under 328lbs
  • Nayners21
    Nayners21 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »

This is a typo right? That's just under 328lbs

I AGREE!!! if you are 328 lbs (149kg) YOU SHOULD NOT BE EATING 1200 CALORIES!!! YOUR BODY WILL DROP WIGHT FOR SURE, THE WRONG WAY. You need to be eating way more than that. Check out the EM2WL group here on MFP.
  • debbieedson
    Options
    Yes sorry I was 7 stone 7 after holidays 7 stone 9 I like been 7 stone 7 for me sorry I'm using mobile
  • debbieedson
    Options
    Once I'm back to it I will be eating more calories with healthy food and workouts
  • debbieedson
    Options
    Im around 107 108 lbs which is 7 stone 8 to 9
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Okies so like 49kg, not 149kg lol makes way more sense now
  • debbieedson
    Options
    Yes that's correct I'm using mobile with nails done lol