Sample Meal Plan

Options
Does anyone have a sample daily meal plan that they would share? I have 1630 calories a day and want to come up with some basic ideas for what to have for B, L, and Dinner that is nutritionally sound. I've been on so many diets that I honestly don't know what a normal day should look like without using some kind of paid for "diet" plan. Thanks in advance for any help or direction you can give!
Heather

Replies

• NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I normally will have either oatmeal, omelet made with plenty of veggies, microwave bacon with cheese toast or even lean breakfast sandwiches (burritos, sandwiches made light breads, lean meats). This morning was toast with microwave bacon and boiled egg.

Lunch is either leftovers, sandwiches, soups, frozen meal or salads. Pasta salads are great. I usually like soups in winters and salads in summer. Tuna is a favorite.

Dinner i try to pick a healthy protein such as fish, chicken, lean red meats (ground round, sirloin, etc), pork tenderloin and balance it with veggies. Another is pasta. I love pasta and refuse to give it up. I will normally make it with a fresh tomato sauce and cheese or load with roasted veggies.

I think it depends on what you truly like.

The key to it is to reinvent things that you like (lighten them up). If you restrict yourself to certain things, you will burn out. And to enjoy smaller portions (if possible) of things you love. Don't cut them out.

I cook alot and experiment with lots of foods. I bought wonton wrappers and make breakfast cups. I bought egg roll wrappers and made a healthier lasagna.

Just have fun with it and utilize your recipe maker or meal tool. It's a pain to input a recipe but once you've done it then it's there for the future which saves you time.

Look on instagram or pinterest. I have alot of recipes I pin and people I follow for inspiration.

You can do it!
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Do you just need food ideas or something else?
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I also eat 1600 calories a day.

Here's an example of my day on a typical work day.

Breakfast= packet of oatmeal (or 1/2 cup of oats) and 1 tbsp. of peanut butter and some dried cranberries. I also sometimes have a boiled egg with it.

Lunch= salad with tuna, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, cheese, and Caesar dressing. Side of broccoli and carrots with hummus. Mango or pre-packed Fiberone bar for dessert.

Snack= two rice cakes with laughing cow cheese wedge spread on top

Dinner= orange chicken (mine is faux), brown rice, vegetables.

Snack= 100 calorie pkg of popcorn

I am not real particular about macros- I just attempt to get enough protein; otherwise, I don't really pay attention. I've lost over 40 pounds at this point, in 110 days. Good luck!
  • GemmaM_x
    GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I usually eat 1600-1700 and my diary is open to friends :smile:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Everybody on here eats wildly different things, and not everybody eats 3 meals a day. Your best bet would be to look up recipes with calorie counts.
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Breakfast - 2 packs of quaker oatmeal (260 - 350 calories, varies by flavor)
    Lunch - sandwich(250-300 calories, varies by ingredients) and a side item and snack (chips, yogurt, muffin, grapes, etc) (200-300 calories)
    Dinner - perdue chicken cutlets (200 calories per cutlet), macaroni and cheese (300 calories) or anything else that falls in the 500-700 calorie range
    Snack - 100 calories packs (keebler cookies, ritz mini chips, etc)
  • jdbrrw
    jdbrrw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My meals tend to vary day to day, but you're welcome to check out my diary.
    I usually eat a light breakfast, light/medium lunch, a nice sized dinner, and eat a few snacks throughout the day.
    I try to cook on Mon, Wed, and Fri, and eat leftovers the other days.