Are there foods you wish you could eat or liked but can't/don't?

Options

Replies

• spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I really wish I like avocado!! It's sooo good for you, and I can't stand the texture. I'll eat it if it's in salad and i can puts lots of other things on my fork at the same time, but to just dig into an avocado...NO WAY!

Also, I don't like raw onions. If I eat them, I burp onions all day long (TMI sorry)!
  • isitsoro
    isitsoro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Celery. I so wish celery could be a satisfying snack to me.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Oh, and hummus, the name sounds like dirt :o
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I wish I liked cilantro because people want to put it in everything these days and it just tastes super bad to me.
    Oh yes. Cilantro has ruined a lot of Tex-Mex restaurants for me. The taste overpowers some really yummy dishes.
    i read an article that said a study found that there is an actual gene that contributes to people either loving or hating cilantro!
  • GemmaM_x
    GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Real, gluten-y bread. How I miss thee.

Gluten free bread just isn't the same, damn coeliac disease.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I would like to eat a soft pretzel from the Philadelphia pretzel factory, but can't due to my Gluten allergy.
  • svalenzeno
    svalenzeno Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Someone else said cilantro... I can't do it either! Yuck, yuck, yuck!! Totally ruins mexican food for me. Some things that I would love to be able to eat but can't because they give me a terrible stomach ache include: eggs, avocados, bananas, apples, and large quantities of many other fruits - the fruit intolerance just started a couple years ago and it totally bums me out because I LOVE fruit...
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms. They're so healthy and a great meat substitute. I keep trying .
  • sweedee1218
    sweedee1218 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sausage......it smells so good and I love the taste but it has so many strange looking bits and pieces in there and when I think about what they might be it makes me nauseous! And some times there are little hard pieces and gristle......I just can't!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked cilantro because people want to put it in everything these days and it just tastes super bad to me.
    It might not be a pickiness thing:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/20/cilantro-aversion-gene-study_n_1901124.html
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/20/cilantro-aversion-gene-study_n_1901124.html

^
    Thank you for that.
    I cannot deal with cilantro either.
    (People have told me that I can "learn" to tolerate it.) Those people are not my friends anymore.
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Food I love but body hates: diary- specifically miss cheddar, pepperjack, & cottage cheese and yogurt; and spicy food. My taste buds love jalapenos, my stomach not so much :/

I also wish I could stomach eggs and sweet potato in more ways than I can. Trying to get over it, but it's a bit hard. Just not a fan.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »

^
    Thank you for that.
    I cannot deal with cilantro either.
    (People have told me that I can "learn" to tolerate it.) Those people are not my friends anymore.

I was also glad I read it, a while ago, because I used to be impatient with my non-picky son, who shuddered when presented with anything with cilantro in it. Makes me a bit more patient with him :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Coffee. I don't need the caffeine, but the stuff smells so good that I always wished I could like it.

Also melons, because they look so good and yummy.

Bananas are so yummy and I miss them.

Spicy food because half the people I know make it. The peppers they use - I never even heard of them before I met these people and OMG, it's not even funny how spicy they are. AyAyAy. I'd end up in the hospital, lol.

Yogurt, meats and veggies I don't like round out the list. :)
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Coffee. I don't need the caffeine, but the stuff smells so good that I always wished I could like it.

Me too! I'm 47 and it's my new year's resolution to learn to like coffee this year!

Any suggestions?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Fortunately, my dh also hates the way cilantro tastes and neither of us are picky eaters at all. It just tastes bad to us every single time... like someone dumped dish soap on your food. I know it doesn't taste that way to everyone. I wish I liked it simply because people ruin otherwise tasty food with it. I disagree with the article that I could put it in pesto and grow to like it.
  • nm82baby
    nm82baby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    April_KT wrote: »
    lots of foods i wish i didnt like but not many that i dont.. lol

I'm just like you! I wish I liked fewer foods

• samspam1023
    samspam1023 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My husband loves blue cheese, but the flavor turns my stomach!
    I also wish I liked blueberries. I love all other berries but blueberries are just too tart.
  • FixieFreak
    FixieFreak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, I overeat it, so I do not keep it around.
  • Angelistic
    Options
    For me its oatmeal and fruit. Vegetables and I are friends as I know how to make amazing salads with little fat-based products/oils/dressings. But fruit - they may be sweet but you cannot convince me to eat an apple.